Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spectrum Business

Default Spectrum Business

Many of y'all know Spectrum Business is my employer and has been for about 2 years now. I am a Small Business rep that covers just about everywhere that we have service in SC. For those who may not already know, we are the internet/phone/cable TV provider that used to be Time Warner Cable. I bucked up for a SCDucks Sponsorship a while back because a couple of you reached out to me for service, so I felt the right thing to do was give back and support the site while growing my business at the same time.

I initially posted up an incentive deal in the Announcements forum that if a SCDucker brings me a meeting with a customer that results in a new Business Sale I'll give you $50 towards your favorite SCDucks Sponsor of choice. That offer still stands for the first 3 SCDuckers that get me a new customer. If you are not capable of utilizing the services of any of our other Sponsors, we'll work something out.

We are doing a lot of aggressive marketing right now, so many y'all in the vicinity of Columbia, Orangeburg, Florence, Summerville/N Chas, the Grand Strand and Hilton Head/Bluffton areas are probably getting hit with mailers/calls and seeing or hearing the commercials.

All I ask is that if y'all have any questions keep it local and let me know first. We just launched $29.99 phone lines INCLUDING TAX. In many markets we can now offer internet download speeds of 100MBps and 300MBps.

Please post up, call or PM me if you have any questions. Please, let's keep it classy gentlemen and thanks,

Miles
    803-260-6234
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

And oh yeah, forgot to mention, no contract required. Plus we offer a buyout of up to $500 if you're stuck in a contract with your current provider but want to go ahead and make the switch.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Shoot me a PM

Come install Internet in savannah so I don't have to use the cocksuckers at Comcast.

Do you service 29164?

Marsh, I wish we did. I've gotten a few folks down there would like to have another option.

No go on 29164. We go as far East as Batesburg/Leesville, but that's as far that direction as we go.

Steelin, PM's replied to. Working on your answer sir.
    Last edited by willyworm; 07-11-2017 at 02:32 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gimme a shout about our options. I actually want to drop our household digital phone, as all we get on it is telemarketers. I DO want faster Internet, and may change my TV to a lower tier.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

If we are with Time Warner Business now, should we be doing anything different.......in Florence?
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 07-11-2017 at 02:52 PM.

Swamp Rat, if this is a residential account I can't help you sir. I do Business accounts only, and furthermore the primary focus of my role is bringing in new customers. So my ability to work with existing customers is somewhat limited.

Cat, nope. If you have Time Warner Business Class service, you are officially now a Spectrum Business customer. The only thing that should change is the logo on the bill. Same company, just with new products and prices, but those are primarily for new customers. I know it stinks, but that's what they give me to work with. We won't force you to make any changes unless you want to, with one exception on cable TV.... We are neck deep in a digital conversion which means we're getting rid of analog TV services. What that means in English is that the days of plugging a regular old cable like into the back of a TV and getting a picture are going away. Every single TV will require a device, such as a DVR, std digital converter or at minimum a DTA, or digital transfer adapter. It is a basic, bare bones device allowing you to see a picture at a lower monthly rental cost compared to a converter.

Last edited by willyworm; 07-11-2017 at 03:15 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    WW gets it sold, Biggie will design, and I'll get it installed. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

I wish Spectrum would have offered existing customers an internet only package cheaper that $70. Never had an issue with the service and really liked it but that was too steep.

I get that a lot but they don't ask my two cents before they come up with this stuff. We just launched some new packages on Monday, but of course they're primarily geared towards acquisition customers. But it may be worth your time to call Business Class customer service at 877-892-2220 and see if they can transition you to a different package.
    Last edited by willyworm; 07-11-2017 at 07:05 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Miles---do you cover my office park? 29204? When I was part of a "forced migration" with AT&T and HAD to switch to Uverse....it was a major ass pain. After a day or two of not having service (which shuts down all my abilities to view and send patient records), I finally found an english speaking tech who could help me out and got me hooked up in minutes.

Honestly, the ONLY thing keeping me from switching would be that the salesman (miles), will tell me how simple it is but its just not or I have some strange network issues that make it hard....hell, i dont know....but i just about blew this place up instead of having to listen to another ATT "customer service" person.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Swamp Rat, if this is a residential account I can't help you sir. I do Business accounts only, and furthermore the primary focus of my role is bringing in new customers. So my ability to work with existing customers is somewhat limited.

Cat, nope. If you have Time Warner Business Class service, you are officially now a Spectrum Business customer. The only thing that should change is the logo on the bill. Same company, just with new products and prices, but those are primarily for new customers. I know it stinks, but that's what they give me to work with. We won't force you to make any changes unless you want to, with one exception on cable TV.... We are neck deep in a digital conversion which means we're getting rid of analog TV services. What that means in English is that the days of plugging a regular old cable like into the back of a TV and getting a picture are going away. Every single TV will require a device, such as a DVR, std digital converter or at minimum a DTA, or digital transfer adapter. It is a basic, bare bones device allowing you to see a picture at a lower monthly rental cost compared to a converter.

Well, I thought so lol. I had to try. My business IS zoned out of my house, though.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Well, I thought so lol. I had to try. My business IS zoned out of my house, though.
    I catch hell with businesses run out of houses. If it's immediately serviceable it's no problem. If we have to build out to get to it, it's a mess. I have no less than 3 business owners right now that run their company from home and they won't approve the build out, even though the customer agrees to the cost share. We only cover $5000 in construction costs, in most cases, the rest the customer is responsible for.

Last edited by willyworm; 07-12-2017 at 07:21 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I meant to sent a pm, but are you in my area yet?

he's ignoring us

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Miles---do you cover my office park? 29204? When I was part of a "forced migration" with AT&T and HAD to switch to Uverse....it was a major ass pain. After a day or two of not having service (which shuts down all my abilities to view and send patient records), I finally found an english speaking tech who could help me out and got me hooked up in minutes.

Honestly, the ONLY thing keeping me from switching would be that the salesman (miles), will tell me how simple it is but its just not or I have some strange network issues that make it hard....hell, i dont know....but i just about blew this place up instead of having to listen to another ATT "customer service" person.
    I'll double check this morn, but pretty sure we can service you there. I can't guarantee a "simple" transition, cause like you said, its never that simple and there's lots of moving parts. The biggest thing is you have to heavily engage your IT vendor that you work with to maintain your network and programs you utilize for record storage and access, as well as your phone vendor (sometimes they are one in the same.) Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure in those instances. Meticulous planning on the front end always makes for a smooth cutover.

We can look at it and put a plan together. One major factor before we even start this conversation is you need to check your contract status with AT&T. How much longer are you married to them?

Last edited by willyworm; 07-12-2017 at 07:07 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

for-fucking-ever

(actually, I have no clue but will find out. All this IT stuff doesnt make sense to me and I pay ridiculous amounts of money monthly for "help" and they still suck)