Thread: Triton 1546

im am lookin at the new 2005 triton 1546 looks great what are some opinions on that....

Just curious but what kind of price are they givin you?
    Good to talk, see you out there!

getting my 1650 SC in the am... they are not cheap, but appear very well made...(at least the welds look alot better than the other boats I saw) but then they are skinned out, rhino-lined and then camo-ed and the shadow grass looks very very good.

Moats I figured you'd have something like a 16-17' high tide for dem divers u get after!

naw, I've learn that I'm just too hard on fiberglass, besides I'm getting a layout boat to take care of them bluebilled bastards...

I got an 05 1546 w/non skid in mossy oak. I've got a 25 yami 4stroke electric start. With the motor up one click in shallow water drive, it will just barely plane out. With the motor up 2 clicks, it wont plane out. The 2 stroke is 30 lbs lighter than the 4. Personally, I dont think 30 lbs is making a difference. I weigh 140. Also, I moved my gas tank in front of the rear seat to get the wieght up front. You have to gradually slow up, just dont let completely off the throttle, or it will splash over the 15 inch transom. Top speed with a dog and 2 people and 40 lbs in gear is 26/27 with stock prop, not sure about the 2 stroke. I purchased the optional ($70) "lock track" 12volt outlet/courtesy light. I recommend this for your q-beam. The light is also pretty good. The non skid is awsome. I hope this helps. Oh yea, paid $7500 w/galvanized trailer at Marshalls. Boat, motor, trailer are all 05'. Lata

Get rid of the 4 stroke bud! They don't have low end like 2 stroke.

I dont race like the rest of you guys. If I gotta race, I aint gonna hunt. Plus the 4 stroke is quiet, smooth, dont have to screw with oil, dosnt smoke as bad...all I have to do is pump the bulb and hit a button and walllllahhh...you hear it peeing! And I know you guys dont care, but it runs cleaner, and will be legal alot longer than the 2strokes. Its the motor for me.

Hey Moats call me in the morning(11-19) we need to get together about Saturday morning; plus you want to try and kill another slick tomorrow evening?
    Get ready to unleash hell.

Dstees, I hear ya on the smoke but as far as loud my 3 cylinder ain't loud at all, I was pretty suprised of how quiet it is! But I don't do no racing with mine. I've got a stock 40 on a high tide and its all I need to play around in the swamp! But I also have a Duracraft 1542 with 2 stroke 25 on it and it runs like a scolded dog! I'm just not too much on the 4 strokes especially in big applications.

the main difference is idleing. At full throttle, their probly about the same. I just like the thought of a 4 stroke. Clean, quiet, low maintainence, reliable. Plus if I ever want to sell, im sure the resale will be better in 5 years (just saying, I would never sell my baby!)

I have to agree about the 4 strokes . Just sold my boat with a 25 2 stroke . I just bought a 750 duracraft with a 4 stroke yamaha motor . This is my first 4 stroke motor , and i can't believe how quiet they are . My new motor only weighs about 10 pounds more than the same motor in a 2 stroke version . This difference was nothing for me .

I've got a Triton 1546 with a 25hp Mercury Bigfoot fourstroke. It gets me where I need to go and the boat actually planes off quicker than my buddy with the same boat but a 25 hp mercury twostroke. I also walk off and leave his ass but I think it's because the Bigfoot has 33% bigger gears and swings a 40 hp prop.
    "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear." Mark Twain

I bought a 04 Triton 1546 with a 04 25hp Mercury on the back long shaft high transom, SS Prop and it was a awesome rig the boat is only 63 gauge aluminum which is a lot lighter than the standard 80 gauge. Anyway I wanted a 40hp so i traded my 25 Merc in on a 05 40hp Merc with SS Prop and love it to death and the boat absoloutley flies on the water. Total and al when i bought the boat with the 25 was only like 6200 and that was with the SS Prop gas tank battery runnin lights and 3 seats and gun box w/padded cushion. So I got a hel of a deal on it. anyways just thought i would put my thoughts in on this subject and I wouldnt trade my triton for any other aluminum boat in the world.
    1648 War Eagle w/ 40 Yamaha
    The education of a man is never completed until he dies.--Robert E. Lee

what price range should it be in..... under 7,000 for motor and all

The price will depend on what all options you get on yours from the motor to the number of seats to gunbox and trollin motor and stuff like that. But I got a Hell of a deal on mine and they really should have good deals now with tryin to get rid of 04 models to make way for the 05's
    1648 War Eagle w/ 40 Yamaha
    The education of a man is never completed until he dies.--Robert E. Lee