Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SC's Next Baseball Coach

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Not upset just think y'all are fucking idiots. It honestly makes me chuckle. Who is worried about facilities when you are recruiting and in the finals. Facilities are not everything. Give me shitty facilities, 1.25 mil a year, and a place I can go to CWS most years with no pressure and I will coach their till I die.
    Your use of the F word shows for whatever reason, you're emotional about it. You're implying Florida can get into a bidding war while at the same time they can't afford facility upgrades. Also, you might be cool with shitty facilities (understandable you being a Clemson fan as that is an accepted standard) but O'Sullivan has taken issue with it multiple times so obviously he isn't. Also, there are personal reasons that make the move back to SC attractive for him. Not saying it will happen but your ignorant points as to why it won't quite frankly suck more Peter than Dabo during a recruiting weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

There are factors outside of money and facilties that will be the reason Sully comes to Columbia. I just pray that he hires Leggett as an assistant......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by DJA View Post
    Your use of the F word shows for whatever reason, you're emotional about it. You're implying Florida can get into a bidding war while at the same time they can't afford facility upgrades. Also, you might be cool with shitty facilities (understandable you being a Clemson fan as that is an accepted standard) but O'Sullivan has taken issue with it multiple times so obviously he isn't. Also, there are personal reasons that make the move back to SC attractive for him. Not saying it will happen but your ignorant points as to why it won't quite frankly suck more Peter than Dabo during a recruiting weekend.

What about Clemson's facilities is crappy?

Good luck with the hire. Whoever it is that has yet to manifest themselves.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by turbo View Post
    What about Clemson's facilities is crappy?

Good luck with the hire. Whoever it is that has yet to manifest themselves.
    Doug Kingsmore? Other than the unlevel outfield they forgot to fix during the most recent renos I guess there isn't much to complain about. I'll give it to you, it's not too awful but it's shit compared to founder's

"I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Doug Kingsmore? Other than the unlevel outfield they forgot to fix during the most recent renos I guess there isn't much to complain about. I'll give it to you, it's not too awful but it's shit compared to founder's k
    Clemson's baseball facilities top to bottom would probably be considered top 10/15 in the country.

That was my point, SCTRKY.

Garnet glasses and such.

I hope they can hire a decent coach and return that baseball team to the winner's podium. God knows, it's all they've got.

Deep down, they know nobody cares about basketball anymore.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by SCTRKY View Post
    Clemson's baseball facilities top to bottom would probably be considered top 10/15 in the country.
    True, but it's doesn't compare to Founders and the rankings reflect that.

So, what do the rankings say about the programs in general?

You know, the actual baseball rankings.

Asking for a friend, of course.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

True, but it's doesn't compare to Founders and the rankings reflect that.
    I don't think anyone is going to argue that. Founders park is a heck of a nice stadium to go watch a game. You are comparing a stadium that was built in the early 70s to a stadium built 2009ish. That's like comparing Fenway/Wrigley to Suntrust park.

So, what do the rankings say about the programs in general?

You know, the actual baseball rankings.

Asking for a friend, of course.
    Based on the numbers of program prestige D1 baseball has South Carolina at 9 and Clempson at 24

No ones arguing that USC has great facilities. I just don't think you get sully not now. He's one game away from a nana tip all championship. You honestly believe he would just leave after accomplishing that.

When it's all said and done I think it ends up being another less than stellar hire.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 06-27-2017 at 12:26 PM.

No ones arguing that USC has great facilities. I just don't think you get sully not now. He's one game away from a nana tip all championship. You honestly believe he would just leave after accomplishing that.
    I don't necessarily think he would... But I don't necessarily think he wouldn't. A lot of things make sense about it... Tanner seems to know who his guy is and Sully's buyout going down by a quarter mil July 1st makes the fact that he is waiting to announce all the more interesting.

Right but your forgetting about a counter offer from Florida. You think they are just going to let him walk out the door?

Based on the numbers of program prestige D1 baseball has South Carolina at 9 and Clempson at 24

Said friend is just curious about the actual baseball rankings.

You know, the order in which they rank the best teams in America from 1-25...

Where does SCAR fall in there? How about Clemson?
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Go tigers!

Right but your forgetting about a counter offer from Florida. You think they are just going to let him walk out the door?
    With my knowledge of the lack of spare cash they have lying around for baseball, yes. Florida cares about one sport and their lack of fan support shows that. Them winning a baseball championship is as exciting to them as it is to us winning a women's basketball championship... It's cool but no one really cares.

Deep down, they know nobody cares about basketball anymore.
    Exactly what Clemmings were chanting throughout the JackLeg years. Finally pluck a leaf off the Ray Tanner coaching tree, and suddenly baseball matters again. Lil Bro is so predictable. If the cocks go back to the Final Four next season, Newspring will be passing the collection plate around like a bucket of fried chicken at an Orangeburg family reunion.

And this is coming from someone who didn't, doesn't, and won't give a damn about basketball. (I do love me some fried chickens doe)

With my knowledge of the lack of spare cash they have lying around for baseball, yes. Florida cares about one sport and their lack of fan support shows that. Them winning a baseball championship is as exciting to them as it is to us winning a women's basketball championship... It's cool but no one really cares.

If Florida only cared about one sport, Sully would not be making 1.25 million now.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

You don't make your coach one of the highest paid coaches in the country if you "don't care" about baseball. You are naive to think that Florida with its alumnia does not have money. Now, what they choose to spen it on is another thing but that goes for USC to. They are not exactly known for spending the big bucks. More often than not they take the cheaper road out.

I find it funny that you admit that about women's basketball because most of your brethren would disagree with you.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 06-27-2017 at 12:47 PM.

You act like SC is rolling in extra cash for salaries and facility upgrades. I don't doubt that they can or would spend $1m+ for a head baseball coach. But they have reached their long-term debt limit the sc.gov imposes. That is the reason they aren't building the football facility with all the "bells and whistles" other programs are, it's not because they don't want to.

I don't pretend to know what UF's long-term debt is or what limits FL.gov imposes, but you have to believe that this run to the NC has opened some eyes at UF about their program and its trajectory.

I find it funny that you admit that about women's basketball because most of your brethren would disagree with you.
    I'm a realist... It's cool but thats it.