Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golf Cart

Default Golf Cart

Closing on a house in Mt pleasant july 6th. Finally gonna have a place with a garage/yard/driveway etc. But im struggling to find out how I am gonna get along with my neighbors if I dont have a 2017 Club car lifted 6" with saddlebrown seats i paid 10k for like they all do.

My question is how did you fellas get into your golfcarts without forking out an arm and leg? Dont want a beater, but common sense is holding me back from buying one for 4-6k. Im about to have alot of bills on my plate and the less money I spend on stupid shit I dont need (like a golfcart) the better.

Go be poor somewhere else...

Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Just don't buy one... They are pretty much useless in Mt. P unless you just want to cruise your neighborhood.... to do it legally you also have to register it and have insurance. That's more money as well... if you really want one just browse craigslist... You can find them cheap that need batteries... then spend $1k on batteries...

Golf carts are not as cheap as one might imagine. If you can't afford one...don't buy one. It's that simple. Why do you feel you need to keep up with the Joneses?

Dont feel the need to keep up with the joneses at all, that part was just a joke. There is a trail in the back of the hood that leads to the grocery store. Wouldnt mind having one to make beer runs on and small grocery runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    Just don't buy one... They are pretty much useless in Mt. P unless you just want to cruise your neighborhood.... to do it legally you also have to register it and have insurance. That's more money as well... if you really want one just browse craigslist... You can find them cheap that need batteries... then spend $1k on batteries...
    It literally cost 10 bucks to register it and less than a hundo a year for insurance......

And there is no such thing anymore as a cheap golf cart that is in good condition.

Find a beater and fix it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jscrapmetal View Post
    Find a beater and fix it up.

Thats what its looking like. Just wanted to see if there was some secret organization you guys were getting them from

Quote Originally Posted by Fishinmission View Post
    Thats what its looking like. Just wanted to see if there was some secret organization you guys were getting them from
    Had a buddy do this and he ended up spending almost as much as if he would have just went out and bought one already done.

Buy a beater, spray paint it camo and keep it in the driveway. All your new neighbors will come over to introduce themselves.

Fix'n up is not the way to go. Ask me how I know. I have nearly $3k worth of resto (And I did all the work myself) into a $2k cart. If you are going to fix it right, it's going to take some money. Buy one that's newer and already done.

I just got golf cart insurance (full coverage) through Progressive for $68/year. SCDMV registration fee = $5
    Last edited by reeltight; 06-12-2017 at 03:34 PM.

buy a beater. be a trend setter.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Covenants don't allow a beater cart in Mt Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    Covenants don't allow a beater cart in Mt Pleasure

Got lucky as hell with the find, no HOA quiet street, only 30 houses in an old establised neighborhood. Neighbor on my right works for DNR, neighbor on my left is a charter captain, and the neighbor across the street is more redneck than me. Thats a mt pleasant pipe dream if ive ever heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Fix'n up is not the way to go. Ask me how I know. I have nearly $3k worth of resto (And I did all the work myself) into a $2k cart. If you are going to fix it right, it's going to take some money. Buy one that's newer and already done.

I just got golf cart insurance (full coverage) through Progressive for $68/year. SCDMV registration fee = $5
    Damn, thats what i was worried about. With my last boat i tried to be the guy to buy a beater and fix. Ended up in over my head and half broke. Not sure if i can do that again. Your probably right

Mallard Lakes?
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

Quote Originally Posted by Foie Gras View Post
    Mallard Lakes?
    Moss Park, near mallard lakes

buy something decent, that way if you get "over your head and broke" you can actually sell it.....

you wont be able to sell a beater golf cart thats halfway working with a truck bed full of parts that havent been installed

Well done Fishin. I remember when Snee Farm was on far edge of the town. Boy things have changed over last 30 years or so.