Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Those on government assistance to get discount Amazon prime memberships

Or the Wendys senior discount?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    How do you feel about the veterans discount at Lowes?
    They actually DID something to deserve it
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

But they were paid exactly what they were promised. Why do they deserve more?

Businesses should be entitled to do whatever they want to grow their business, but the government shouldn't be able to give handout after handout to buy votes.

They've dug themselves into a deep, dark, abysmal hole that just keeps getting deeper.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The legislature passed a bill that exempts retired vets from paying state income tax. Are you good with that?

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Jesus Christ...go back and read my last few posts. If you can't figure it out, ask God why he fucked you over when he was blessing everyone with brains.
    i giggled
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Scruggz View Post
    If you knew anything about God and His Word, your eyes would see how disgusting your speech is and how hard your heart is in His sight.
    please spare us the christian party line. We are talking about politics and capitalism. We separated church and state many moons ago....

The legislature passed a bill that exempts retired vets from paying state income tax. Are you good with that?
    no

Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime. Trouble is there are more and more folks that don't want to fish.

Like it was said before, big difference between poor and choosing to BE poor.

At least they did something to EARN that discount.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Does Amazon accept EBT?

If you can buy stuff off Amazon, while paying a premium for convenience, I question whether you need government assistance in the first place.

I understand helping, and love helping, people who need to be helped, and I do it often.

The people who scam the system, drain the system, and clog up the system are the ones that most are tired of "helping."
    Last edited by scdiver; 06-07-2017 at 07:16 AM.

But they like that one DT. It makes them feel good. Most of these "conservatives" only agree with capitalism and free markets when it suits them. It's not fair that they "HAVE" to pay more for Amazon prime.

Rest assured, Amazon does not care about "poor people"...this is purely a business decision and it will work for them 2 fold:

1) All the liberals will say, "Awwww, Amazon is doing great things, let's use them more often"

2) This is the most important, it will keep Walmart-online shopping to a minimum, (Walmart-online has been creeping up on Amazon lately)...this is the main reason they're doing this, and in a free market, they have the right to do so. Whether you agree with it or not, it's extremely smart from a business standpoint, and will keep them on top of the online retail game for many years to come
    Last edited by BrowningGold; 06-07-2017 at 07:29 AM.
    "Truth, is treason, in the empire of lies"

Quote Originally Posted by scdiver View Post
    Does Amazon accept EBT?

If you can buy stuff off Amazon, while paying a premium for convenience, I question whether you need government assistance in the first place.

I understand helping, and love helping, people who need to be helped, and I do it often.

The people who scam the system, drain the system, and clog up the system are the ones that most are tired of "helping."
    How is buying from Amazon at a "premium"? You can buy toilet paper on Amazon cheaper than anywhere, with FREE SHIPPING straight to their door.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime. Trouble is there are more and more folks that don't want to fish.

Like it was said before, big difference between poor and choosing to BE poor.
    You can give Amazon Prime to all the poor people hell you can give it to everyone for all I care but there are already to many people fishing. It's getting crowded at all the good spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    At least they did something to EARN that discount.
    What about the people that FUND the military? Did they not "earn" anything?

Some of you can't seem to grasp this concept, so I'll say it again. Amazon does have the right to do this. They are a privately held company. I also have a right to be annoyed by it and post my dissatisfaction.

To answer Duct Tapes question. Do veterans have to pay an annual fee to get the vet discount at lowes? Is the vet discount a "premium service" or is it just a discount based on what someone buys? How about the Wendy's senior discount? Do seniors have to sign up and pay an initial fee for that? Is that a premium service? No it's a discount. Amazon is discounting a premium service for those on welfare. They are not discounting goods to make anything more affordable. As a matter of fact, Amazon is rarely the cheapest option. People accepting tax dollars have no business utilizing premium services like Amazon prime. Otherwise they aren't really poor, they are just gaming the system. But you already knew that.

How about if Ruth Chris offered a 5% discount to those on food stamps. Do you think people would be up in arms then? How about if Mercedes offered a 10% discount to those on welfare programs? Would people be enraged then?
    Last edited by marsh chicken; 06-07-2017 at 07:49 AM.

So you are a member of Amazon because of the luxury it provides? I signed up for the money I save.
    Last edited by jasonw; 06-07-2017 at 07:48 AM.

Relax, it's just a drop in the bucket, it's been going on for years and will continue long after we are gone, in some form or another. Just keep doing working hard everyday and ignore the sidelines, just focus. Or, we could possibly utilize a different thought process that was suggested in a different topic recently.

Key word changes highlighted in red.

Maybe we need better relations with the government assisted community. The wrong message quickly ostracizes a huge population of people and creates enemies. Not every recipient is a bad person. We need to let them know that, while also asking for help in putting a stop to the recruitment of their children for the sake of relying on the government. It's no different than trying to stop inner city gang recruitment. The problem is...neither is easy and neither of them has a simple answer.

Just consider it, you never know.
    Last edited by Bownut; 06-07-2017 at 07:51 AM.

What if scducks started offering EBT membership rates to The Swamp?