Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy a scope

Default Looking to buy a scope

Think I may buy the girlfriend a new scope. She complains about not being able to see in low light. I know very little about rifles and scopes. Have read some previous post, and sounds like vortex may be a good option. Not sure what model to get or best place to get one. Or if there is a better option. Looking to stay in the $500 range.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Weaver Euro Slam on optics planet......

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    Weaver Euro Slam on optics planet......
    Super Slam at Natchez Shooters Supply.

Meopta Meopro from CameralandNY
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Got a nightforce shv 5-20x56 wit the illuminated MOAR reticle that I'm going to take off of a rifle. If your interested let me know. It will definitely be more that $500 though
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Trijicon AccuPower 2.5-10x56 is a great choice. Ebay runs em about $600 brand new. You can pick your illuminated reticle in green, red or amber.
    Last edited by dox08; 06-06-2017 at 09:42 AM.
    "run and gun guide service"

I recently bought a trijicon accupoint in 2x10x56- accupoints use no batteries- works on fiber optics and tritium- I took them to one of my woods stands with a 100 yard shot to the feeder and it totally blows away my same sized leopold vx3- literally can shoot way past legal time and the leopold shut me down with 20 minutes left of legal shooting time- will cost a bit over $500 but worth it
    Last edited by Bad Habit; 06-06-2017 at 10:10 AM.

Euro Optics is having a close out on Ziess.

X3 on the trijicon 2-10x56. I have the standard crosshair with Gréen center dot. It's noticeably better than my z3 Swarovski 4-12x50 in low light. I have been nothing shy of impressed with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CantCareSB View Post
    Got a nightforce shv 5-20x56 wit the illuminated MOAR reticle that I'm going to take off of a rifle. If your interested let me know. It will definitely be more that $500 though
    PM me bout this
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

i'd just get a new girlfriend. FAR fewer opinions on them. They all suck
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i'd just get a new girlfriend. FAR fewer opinions on them. They all suck
    Exactly, spend 500 on pots and pans. Then move up to hunting stuff. Baby steps my man.

I got a trijicon 5x20 and you can see in a black hole

Quote Originally Posted by baydog View Post
    I got a trijicon 5x20 and you can see in a black hole
    Have one of these ordered for my newest 700.

Can't wait to see what it can do in low light. Have heard nothing but good things.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Ery body done gone Trijicon. Only scope I can see later with than my Trijicon is my Khales and I'm not sure it's significant.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    Have one of these ordered for my newest 700.

Can't wait to see what it can do in low light. Have heard nothing but good things.
    You'll love it.

Getting ready to get a nightforce 8x32 to put on top of my 6.5 creedmoor soon. just got to get through bill paying season

Teach a man to hunt, he will feed a community. Teach a woman to hunt, better sleep with one eye open.

my leopold VXII has great lowlight visibility, it was $399 if memory serves, just as good as any trijicon i've looked through, i do have the 50mm size though, that's what makes the most difference in low light, compared to a 40 or a 42, it's definitely extra minutes of shooting time
    Last edited by shoooooots; 06-06-2017 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoooooots View Post
    my leopold VXII has great lowlight visibility, it was $399 if memory serves, just as good as any trijicon i've looked through, i do have the 50mm size though, that's what makes the most difference in low light, compared to a 40 or a 42, it's definitely extra minutes of shooting time
    I have a 3x9-50 vx2 which is no comparison to my 3.5x10-50 vx3 which still isn't as good as a trijicon at low light. I'll be upgrading from the Leupold's to a 2.5x10-56 trijicon accupoint in a month or two. If you can't tell the difference between a vx2 Leupold and a 50 or 56mm trijicon you may want to check with your eye doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by shoooooots View Post
    I have a bunch of Leupold VXII's and VXIII's of various objective diameters. The only time they hold a candle to my Trijicon is when they aren't in use.