Thread: Non skid deck hazing

Default Non skid deck hazing

What do y'all use to get your non skid deck shiny again? Are all the compounds the same? Prefer one over another?

I use the Star Brite Non Skid Cleaner with PTEF.
    It does a great job cleaning and leaves a shine due to the PTEF- without making the non-skid slippery. At times I have put some of the Star Brite Marine Polish with PTEF on the non-skid- assuming the non-skid is clean. It would seem like the Polish would make the non-skid slippery, but I have never really had too much trouble with that. Alot of folks I know use Woody Wax on non-skid and like it.

This video is cheezy... but it explains it pretty good.

I don't have that polisher. I just use a hand brush or a wool pad on a buffer. either works fine.

Woody wax makes it slick as shit

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Woody wax makes it slick as shit
    It does if it is not used properly but personally I think it is the best for non-skid. Woody Wax is unbelievable for metallic surfaces and most all horizontal surfaces. Just one man's opinion. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

So what's the proper way to use woody wax without it making the non skid surface slick?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHeadRocker View Post
    So what's the proper way to use woody wax without it making the non skid surface slick?
    it made my non skid slicker than owl shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    It does if it is not used properly but personally I think it is the best for non-skid. Woody Wax is unbelievable for metallic surfaces and most all horizontal surfaces. Just one man's opinion. MG
    no, no ,no

So what do I need to do? No woody wax if it's slicker than eel shit.

Apply it to a wet surface but not standing water. Let it almost dry then buff dry with dry cloth turning often. Now this is assuming it was clean prior to application. If there is a slick spot it is not dry enough. The buffing is hand buffing and is nothing like wading a car or boat. I find that it is best at repelling fish blood and speeds the cleanup in general after each trip. This is especially true if you use Orpine or something similar to wash the boat. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero