Thread: MAX 4 STENCIL KIT

anyone seen/use one of these? there seems to be way more colors than the four they say you need...the links below show an "actual sample" as well as the stencils that combine to produce the finish product. criticism based on pure speculation is also welcomed.

"The beatings will continue until morale improves"
    -have mud motor, will travel

I painted a war eagle with that exact Max 4 stencil. It only called for 4 colors and turned out really good. It took black, Dark brown, Med. brown, and the sand color. It gives detailed instructions on what parts to paint what color and how to shade it. It really is a pain to do.

i figured it would be aggravating to do section by section, but i have access to 2ft by 50ft rolls of heavy duty paper that may help. if i cut the stencils out on a 20ft sheet, i will only have to spray once per side for each layer. in this situation, i could use a spray gun which hopefully would save massive time and trouble...I THINK (think being the key word) it may be worth it then. anyone ever tried anything to that effect?

Large ones would be hard to work with over uneven areas. It would take a long time to trace and cut them out.
    Breaking clays<br />makes my day,<br />but eating skeet<br />ain\'t no treat.

I agree with that. It's a pain no matter how you do it. It just takes time and a LOT of patience. It took me about a week after work in the afternoons to get mine done.

yall make a valid arguement. i appreciate the input. guess im stickin with green for now...WAREAGLE, you gonna be in the ricefields any this weekend?

Yeah, i'm out just about every weekend. What about you?

im out somewhere every weekend i can. gotta help my dad plant saturday morning cause he just had his gall bladder out, but im gonna go friday afternoon and saturday when im done helping him. i have your number, will give you a call if you are interested in meeting up. you do the same if you want.

Yeah, tomorrow looks like rain but i'll def. be out in the Cooper most the day on Sat.

Custom camo is the BEST way to spray paint camo.

Originally posted by CAMO SNOB:
    print your pattern on Mylar( as many copies as you what colors), cut out(exacto knife is best to cut Mylar) the reeds on one sheet, and sticks on another, whatever else is in Bill Jordan's (jur-den's) CAMO and go nutz. if you can't print on Mylar or don't know what it is, go to Kinko's and they will take care of you. It's bootleg but whatever.

Even better make your own reeds, base some spots dark brown, then go over it with some light brown while holding some sticks over the dark to create the limb. next give it a good once over with you homemade reeds. [img]graemlins/coolio.gif[/img]
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

camo,
    from what i have gathered in this post, other posts, and your name being "camo snob", you know your stuff. i have access at work to printers that print on 24" wide paper at any length i desire. i can do mylar to, but its risky because of cost. do you think i could take the images of the stencils shown above, export into AUTOCAD at the exact size they have listed, and then just plot them out? i am asking because i assume thats what i would do at kinkos but work would be cheaper. let me know what you think, and thanks for the help.

Using CAD I would re-DO the line work to make the lines more defined (and scaled for re-sizing for larger/smaller stencils); however, you may be able to import the graphics as a PDF and scale them larger. I am not real sure. If you can or if you figure out how to get them in CAD PM me I want a ".dwg," I dabble in the ways of the CAD.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

should be able to export as image and reference in CAD to scale. will see what happens and let you know for sure. PM me with your email and if i get it to plot correctly i will send you the DWG file