Thread: Nauticstar? Good/bad/ugly?

Default Nauticstar? Good/bad/ugly?

Took a deposit on my bay boat yesterday and going into a CC. Looking at a Nauticstar with a Yamaha f150

Anybody have any experience with them? How do they stack up against sea pro?

Whalerdave has me almost sold on a new sportsman.... but strongly considering a nauticstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Where is Nauticstar built? Where is Sportsman built? Would I want to send my boat back to the factory if it has bad issues? Damn right.

Stay local and get a sportsman....
    Nautic star is a customer of ours and they are well built. I would go NS over sea pro though...just my .2

Get a Pioneer.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I would get a Bayliner

Hogan- I have a 20' nautic star and love it. More than welcome to come look and ride on wateree. I've been on a lot of center consoles, and I've never gotten wet on my boat.
    Bah! Humbug!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Hogan- I have a 20' nautic star and love it. More than welcome to come look and ride on wateree. I've been on a lot of center consoles, and I've never gotten wet on my boat.
    Cause you haven't been in the RIGHT seas yet!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Pioneer if you are staying in the 20' range

My brother just bought the same boat a month ago. I like the ride and comfort of the boat. It also surprised me how shallow it can run also.
    Last edited by ducribb; 05-25-2017 at 06:54 AM.

I had a 2000offshore model and it was a great riding boat. I like the layout of the new ones better.

Take a ride to Gtown and the Boat Shed. See Brian, they sell Nauticstar, Pioneer and Scout. 1 mile up the road Marshall's has Key Wet and across town Tailwalker has Sportsman and Cobia.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

For the $ NS will be hard to beat from all the research I did back in the early spring.

Dont get a Key Wet

or a scout

Go up a little bit in price and get you a 22 pathfinder with a vmax 200, great for crusing and its a fishing machine. We fish off my buddies and we run 12" in the flats, all the way to king mackrel trolling. Seats 7 no problem for family time.