Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting the Research

Still shows them on the current website.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2011...s#.WSGekUb3bCQ

I hate the engine access...but winters builds a nice boat. His fit and finish are really nice.
    Sold. Now I just gotta find the $240k to give the man. Awesome lines, good economy and open layout. Perfect center console IMO.
    cut\'em

Everglades 295c ... but if you can afford it Yellowfin and SeaHunter...as it doesnt get better than that. I have been around quite a few Sea Hunters during my time in Ft. Lauderdale... wow.
    Last edited by Dawhoo; 05-21-2017 at 08:51 PM.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Dawhoo View Post
    Everglades 295c ... but if you can afford it Yellowfin and SeaHunter...as it doesnt get better than that. I have been around quite a few Sea Hunters during my time in Ft. Lauderdale... wow.
    EG has forward seating, unless they have another option I don't see.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Whitewater, Competition, Ocean Runner...

Don't know much about these but they are supposed to be based off the blackfin hull
    http://www.sea-lionboats.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theres a 27ft Polar on Gville CL, I know nothing about this boat.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Freeman 34 is all you need. There is ZERO chance that any of the other boats you listed ride as good as the Freeman.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    Freeman 34 is all you need. There is ZERO chance that any of the other boats you listed ride as good as the Freeman.
    I just got back from fishing one in Venice and was astounded in what we were able to make 30-35 in. True four footers at 5-6 seconds in a quartering head sea. I kept waiting for the hard landing I've gotten used to and it never happened. If you can't wait 3 years and you've got the cash order one now and fish out the wait time in your boat. If nothing else you are truly doing yourself a disservice by not test riding one before making your decision.

I bought an older 31 Ocean Master last summer and have run it pretty hard this season. It has a spray rail and it is extremely dry and is very soft landing in the seas we have had this year. The new ones look to have come a long way and Mark will take your calls and build it anyway you want it. I searched for a 31 Rybo-runner but never could find one. The Ocean Runners were built on the same design for a while and the Ocean Masters have similar lines. I like all of those and the Ocean Master is as solid a hull as I have ever been on.

If you’re going over 35ft, the fountain 38cc is hard to beat. Very open fishing boat, ton of room and a great ride.
    I’ve been in a freeman, awesome boat, but it ain’t Gods gift to the fishing world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by G3JD, IV View Post
    I bought an older 31 Ocean Master last summer and have run it pretty hard this season. It has a spray rail and it is extremely dry and is very soft landing in the seas we have had this year. The new ones look to have come a long way and Mark will take your calls and build it anyway you want it. I searched for a 31 Rybo-runner but never could find one. The Ocean Runners were built on the same design for a while and the Ocean Masters have similar lines. I like all of those and the Ocean Master is as solid a hull as I have ever been on.
    Not a fan of that stepped deck. I want a level deck, open plan.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    If you’re going over 35ft, the fountain 38cc is hard to beat. Very open fishing boat, ton of room and a great ride.
    I’ve been in a freeman, awesome boat, but it ain’t Gods gift to the fishing world.
    The problem with a Fountain is they have a Mercury on the back, I don't have good luck with Mercury nor do I want to chance it again.

How does a Fountain handle any kind of real ocean with that bow?

Get the 31T Cape Horn and don't look back. You can get into a fairly late model with moderate hours for $125k upwards of $175k. Boat has no forward seating, giant in floor fish box, soft bow entry, and a great ride. I can attest that the Cape Horn is a solid fishing machine, matched with twin 300 Yamaha's or Suzuki's will get you the speed and efficiency you are looking for. All I have to say is ride in one, and you will understand.
    "run and gun guide service"

Quote Originally Posted by LC17 View Post
    How does a Fountain handle any kind of real ocean with that bow?
    Better than 99% out there(that i've been in anyway), it has a lot of flare to it, very dry boat unless the wind is blowing 20 knts and in that case you’re getting wet in any CC. I'm sure having the second 140 gallon fuel tank in the front helps, not sure how the new ones are set up.
    Last edited by buckpro; 05-23-2017 at 03:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Does fountain still offer a free gold chain necklace with the purchase of a boat?

Quote Originally Posted by dox08 View Post
    Get the 31T Cape Horn and don't look back. You can get into a fairly late model with moderate hours for $125k upwards of $175k. Boat has no forward seating, giant in floor fish box, soft bow entry, and a great ride. I can attest that the Cape Horn is a solid fishing machine, matched with twin 300 Yamaha's or Suzuki's will get you the speed and efficiency you are looking for. All I have to say is ride in one, and you will understand.
    No experience with the 31, but I rented a 23 in the keys and thought my teeth were going to be loose after riding through a 1-2 foot chop. They look nice, but I've definitely been in nicer 23' vessels before. That being said, 31 could be totally different.

I know where a used 31 Cape Horn is for sale. I can get you contact if interested. Do new Evinrudes throw you off?
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Does fountain still offer a free gold chain necklace with the purchase of a boat?
    And complimentary fountain tank tops
    cut\'em