Thread: godevil bearings

Anyone know what it would cost to replace the shaft and bearings in a 20hp godevil? I know the bearings need to be replaced b/c the motor is eight years old and I believe the bearing are the original ones. The shaft replacement is just a precautionary b/c of the age of the motor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ring King
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Ask BSD since he is now a member of Team Go-Devil, he may be able to get you the info you need.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

PM NAB, he'll get you fixed up!
    Good to talk, see you out there!

Ring King - bushings will run you around $15 each, shaft is $40, seals - you'll need 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom end - are couple $$ each.
    Bases on $40/hr labor - the whole bill should be around $140.00.
    I always thought a website was a selling tool, not a product repair manual!

Thanks for the info. The help is greatly appreciated and for $140 that ain't a bad deal seeing as the motor isn't costing me a dime. That's what good friends are all about.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

A good friend would have told you to buy a ........well I'm not going to go there.

J/K before some of yall get your panties in a wad.
    Life ain't easy and dry bread ain't greasy.

I hear you KCM, but its hard to turn any mud motor down when you are offered the use of it for the cost of putting new bearings in it. This is my friends second mud motor and this one has not been used in about two and a half years. It may need some cleaning up but thats an easy job.