Thread: Gator tail motors and boats

Does anyone have a gator tail rig. I have been looking into buying a new boat for over a year. The gatortail motor looks to have the easiest reverse and can have a rig set up in less than a week the way i want it. What do you guys think about this rig as compared to the prodrive or gatortrax/mudbuddy rigs.

I don't know a lot about them or if anyone around here has run one or where the closest dealer is. Nab may know. Have you run one or just looking?
    80-20 Genaration

i have been looking at mud motors for a while now. I was going to get a gatortrax/mudbuddy earlier in the year and backed out of it bc i heard they might be getting a reverse.Just interested and wanting to know if anybody has run one and the pros/cons of it.

They are known to be the fastest of the belt drive mud motors. A stock 35 on a 18 foot boat with two guys was running 30mph at Mudfest this past year in Louisiana. The reverse is push button and would be very useful at the dock or in open water, but won't be much help in the mud. They also seem to be extremely reliable compared to some of the other brands.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL