Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lake Murray boat accident

Default Lake Murray boat accident

Damn, they're starting early up there. Be careful out there fellas, drunks leaving the marina bars on the lake will kill you.

http://wach.com/news/local/lake-murr...ating-accident

CHAPIN, SC (WACH) - Officials with the SC Department of Natural Resources have confirmed two people were found dead Saturday following a boating accident on Lake Murray near Dreher Island.
    Officials say two boats collided late Friday night near Crystal Lake and Dreher Island. The Department of Natural Resources told media outlets the crash happened on Lake Murray around 11 p.m. Friday night.
    Authorities say a 32-foot Intrepid power boat and a 16-foot bass boat collided. There were six people on the two boats. One person was found dead early Saturday, and three people were taken to the hospital. It took rescue crews about 18 hours before the found the second body shortly after 5 p.m.

I stay off the lake at night if I can help it. I went out the night of the 4th of July fireworks a few years ago and feared for my life.

Lots of idiots out there. And the lake can go from 300' to 1' real quick if you don't know it well.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    I stay off the lake at night if I can help it. I went out the night of the 4th of July fireworks a few years ago and feared for my life.

Lots of idiots out there. And the lake can go from 300' to 1' real quick if you don't know it well.
    I won't get on the water the weekend of the 4th. Much less go out at night to watch fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    I won't get on the water the weekend of the 4th. Much less go out at night to watch fireworks.
    Right there with you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, we stay on the porch.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

One of those boys that died was my roommate for a summer internship back in college at Santee Cooper. There are idiots out there on the water. These people that talk crap about DNR doing safety checks and being so present at duck run realize that if they werent there, there would be many more stories like this. It has to be a horrible job having to recover these bodies, especially when its someone that you call a friend
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

My wife and I passed the intrepid heading out of the lighthouse cove when we were pulling back in Friday night around 730.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

The owner of the Intrepid lives in Ballentine Cove.

My neighbors son was riding a jet ski in the Beards Creek area yesterday and he stopped to tell a fella on a stand up ski to get off his stern as he was riding too close jumping his wake. The fella smarted off and gave my neighbors son a drive by to scare him. Here's the aftermath of the drive by, aka, hit n run. Thankfully the kid wasn't hurt. SCDNR and LEO's have had a rough weekend for sure.

Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Damn man. What the hell has come of this world when you can't even enjoy a day on the water.

All these crazy MoFo's on the water and M2field in the woods. Prayers sent to SC.

Lake Murray used to be a nice place to spend the weekends years ago. Way to many fools running around in big, fast, loud boats out there now. Those boys in the 16 foot boat didn't stand a chance against the 32 footer. A terrible tragedy. I think its time for some boat size and speed limits on Lake Murray. Especially at night.
    E T

Quote Originally Posted by E. Taylor View Post
    I think its time for some boat size and speed limits on Lake Murray. Especially at night.
    There you go. Regulation is ALWAYS the answer.

That lake has changed a bunch since the 70's no doubt. I think DNR is doing a pretty good job, they may need to focus more on nighttime activities.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    There you go. Regulation is ALWAYS the answer.
    I would rather see some regulations put in place, than see more of tragedies like we had this weekend.
    E T

I would rather see some regulations put in place, than see more of tragedies like we had this weekend.
    Tougher penalties would make more sense than infringing upon my rights to own whatever size boat I choose to spend my money on.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Default Lake Murray boat accident

I was at a certain establishment on the lake yesterday and noticed a highly intoxicated individual walking towards his boat. I don't know if his plans were to drive his boat but I made sure someone on the staff kept an eye on him to make sure he didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by b35w; 04-23-2017 at 06:11 PM.

I despise being told what I can and can not do by the government as much as you guys do. But it's going to get worse on Lake Murray if something is not done. Too many people, big boats, and fisherman trying to use the same space at the same time.
    E T

I despise being told what I can and can not do by the government as much as you guys do. But it's going to get worse on Lake Murray if something is not done. Too many people, big boats, and fisherman trying to use the same space at the same time.
    How do regulations help correct the problem when people disregarded the current regulations already on the books?

Has boat size been the main factor in these incidents?

Has boat size been the main factor in these incidents?