Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2016 Ford F-150 4x4 3.5 ecoboost questions

More fuel = more boost!!

Bottom pic is what’s left over from rod bearing cap and bolts

116k miles
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I own both a 3.5 eco boost and a 6.7 Cummins. I get 22mpg average in the 3.5 daily driving. 6.7 driving the same stuff I get 17.5-18. Towing a bass boat I get 14-15 in the 3.5 and 15-16 in the 6.7.
    Gas is $2 a gallon diesel is $2.75 = gas is 23.3% cheaper so towing wise I would have to see 18.45 mpg to break even just on fuel. Now let’s talk about cost of an oil change and two fuel filters every 5k miles vs an oil change on a 3.5.
    Don’t get we wrong a diesel is a hell of a machine hence why I still own one but you’re kidding yourself if you think you’re saving a damn thing by operating obe unless you’re hauling really really heavy shit
    I could have posted about the same thing.

The oil changes, fuel filters, DEF, and cost of diesel made me finally decide to go back to gas.

If I were able to haul to the coast as much as I would like, I probably would have kept the 250, but with a hectic kid's schedule, frequent fishing trips are out of the question. And I rarely haul machinery; the 3.5 is rated at #12,200, so I think I'll be ok if I haul a small skid-steer.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk

It wasn't the death wobble? That would have done it for me! Joking...partly.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid_Fowler View Post
    It wasn't the death wobble? That would have done it for me! Joking...partly.
    Ha. No. That was fixed after those trackbar bushings were replaced. I actually just sank a bunch of money into that truck with KRT last month - RC 3" suspension lift, dual steering stabilizer, and some other stuff...but I got a wild hair about 2 weeks ago and got myself a Lariat. Much nicer than that no-frills truck I had. Hell...it didn't even have radio controls on the steering wheel.

Last edited by USMCsilver; 12-13-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I own both a 3.5 eco boost and a 6.7 Cummins. I get 22mpg average in the 3.5 daily driving. 6.7 driving the same stuff I get 17.5-18. Towing a bass boat I get 14-15 in the 3.5 and 15-16 in the 6.7.
    Gas is $2 a gallon diesel is $2.75 = gas is 23.3% cheaper so towing wise I would have to see 18.45 mpg to break even just on fuel. Now let’s talk about cost of an oil change and two fuel filters every 5k miles vs an oil change on a 3.5.
    Don’t get we wrong a diesel is a hell of a machine hence why I still own one but you’re kidding yourself if you think you’re saving a damn thing by operating obe unless you’re hauling really really heavy shit
    Get outta here with that common sense....no place for that kind of thinking 'round here

Yeah but that eco boost ain’t gonna roll coal...bo
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Ha. No. That was fixed after those trackbar bushings were replaced. I actually just sank a bunch of money into that truck with KRT last month - RC 3" suspension lift, dual steering stabilizer, and some other stuff...but I got a wild hair about 2 weeks ago and got myself a Lariat. Much nicer than that no-frills truck I had. Hell...it didn't even have radio controls on the steering wheel.

LOL - I hear ya. I couldn't resist. I can still recall your rants about the damn wobble, it was funny to us but I'm sure it wasn't very funny to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcid_Fowler View Post
    LOL - I hear ya. I couldn't resist. I can still recall your rants about the damn wobble, it was funny to us but I'm sure it wasn't very funny to you.
    No worries. It still had the 48mph wiggle.

But all is well, now.

The F150 will be at KRT's next month.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    You will start to hear a knock but by the time you hear that it’s too late. Basically once the bearing is spun, she done...
    What year
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

I’m at 63k and I am defiantly loosing gas mileage. I put 89 in my truck before I went to Charleston the other day and only got 20mpg. I know I was getting better than that 20k miles ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    I’m at 63k and I am defiantly loosing gas mileage. I put 89 in my truck before I went to Charleston the other day and only got 20mpg. I know I was getting better than that 20k miles ago.

Amazing what carbon and gunk on those intake valves will do to
    fuel economy.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Amazing what carbon and gunk on those intake valves will do to
    fuel economy.
    Trying to get everything done at once. How much am I going to lose leveling at stepping up tires?

Quote Originally Posted by b35w View Post
    Trying to get everything done at once. How much am I going to lose leveling at stepping up tires?

Most get 14 to 15 mpg after a leveling kit and larger tires
    More fuel = more boost!!

Most get 14 to 15 mpg after a leveling kit and larger tires
    Oddly enough, I have picked up MPG after you did my truck. I am over 1/2 (36gal) tank through and I am registering 17.8 (mixed interstate and town). Used to be 16.2-16.4.

Do you think the synthetic oil may have made any difference at all?