Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2016 Ford F-150 4x4 3.5 ecoboost questions

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I see you like to live dangerously.

Yeah, Can’t really pump that Florida Georgia line like I need to without the sunroof
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Just buy a Toyota.

I love my 2015 F150 5.0

The water pump went out at about 90,000 but that was a quick fix. Other than that it has just had the oil changed whenever the computer gets down to about 10% engine oil life left. I’m sitting at 119,000 miles and it still gets great fuel economy and runs great. I get 19mpg going back and forth to work from Moncks Corner to North Charleston and get around 21.5mpg on highway trips.

Also couldn’t be happier with A2Z as they installed my Blilstien 5100 self leveling shocks front and back when the shocks needed replacing at about the 110,000 mile mark. They did the work for me after communicating what I needed done via email/text while I was out to sea. I had my wife drive it up and drop it off and it was done timely and professionally. Looks great, has a little increased height, and still has a very slight rake so that I’m not looking skyward when I tow the bass boat.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    I love my 2015 F150 5.0

The water pump went out at about 90,000 but that was a quick fix. Other than that it has just had the oil changed whenever the computer gets down to about 10% engine oil life left. I’m sitting at 119,000 miles and it still gets great fuel economy and runs great. I get 19mpg going back and forth to work from Moncks Corner to North Charleston and get around 21.5mpg on highway trips.

Also couldn’t be happier with A2Z as they installed my Blilstien 5100 self leveling shocks front and back when the shocks needed replacing at about the 110,000 mile mark. They did the work for me after communicating what I needed done via email/text while I was out to sea. I had my wife drive it up and drop it off and it was done timely and professionally. Looks great, has a little increased height, and still has a very slight rake so that I’m not looking skyward when I tow the bass boat.
    I have the 5.0 too, I only get 18.3 when running 60 mph on back roads, and that's the best I've seen in it. Do you have an aftermarket intake or exhaust? Any kind of reprogramming?
    "Truth, is treason, in the empire of lies"

I don’t have anything done to mine. I have a SuperCab FX4 Sport with the 3.55 gears
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Just buy a Toyota.
    We have a winner!

If I fill up and go nowhere other than work and home I can get just under 21mpg and that’s with mostly 60mph driving. I bought the truck in 2015 and immediately hit the road the next day driving to California. I averaged 22.4mpg on that cross country trip.

I get just under 15. I drive it like I stole it, usually half a bed full of shingles
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

They will replace that timing chain issue up to like 80k for free...may as well get it done ad change the spark plugs
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by Heck View Post
    Picking up this truck next week and made sure to get the engine without the auto start stop, wanted the v8, but as it's primarily going to be a highway truck/ daliy driver I got the v6.
    I want to improve the ride and look.
    Looking for recommendations on a. What to get done b. Where to get it done. C. How much it's going to cost me?
    In the Charleston area, and wouldn't be entirely against driving to Lexington to have A2Z do the work, but if what I'm wanting done is pretty basic and any local reference could do it I'm all ears.

Thinking about just leveling out the front end, larger not too aggressive AT's, ranch hand, and some tint.
    Any suggestions on performance or ride would be great.
    Thanks,
    First new truck guy (on a budget)
    Question for you, how did you find one without the auto start/stop? I have a 2017 and thought all 2015+ had this feature since it's an MPG "improvement".

My 2017 has a 2.5" level, 35x12.5x17's with +1 offset wheels, bedcover and Nfab front bumper. Simple yet functional without going crazy. Duck boat doesn't weigh much so the level doesn't throw the front up high.

6.2 in a gmc is the answer
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Or a catch can.....
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by pee dee View Post
    6.2 in a gmc is the answer
    I have a Yukon in the shop now with Cyl 4 spun rod bearing and the piston came all the way up
    and hit valves.... Ironically I have a Camaro with LS3 6.2 that has done same thing on cyl 4.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    I have a Yukon in the shop now with Cyl 4 spun rod bearing and the piston came all the way up
    and hit valves.... Ironically I have a Camaro with LS3 6.2 that has done same thing on cyl 4.
    Hey KRT, is there a tell-tale noise that a spin rod bearing will make or indicator noise 1 is about to go out? Thanks in advance
    every expert was once a beginner

Quote Originally Posted by mrtroy4man View Post
    Hey KRT, is there a tell-tale noise that a spin rod bearing will make or indicator noise 1 is about to go out? Thanks in advance
    You will start to hear a knock but by the time you hear that it’s too late. Basically once the bearing is spun, she done...
    More fuel = more boost!!

I’ll have some pics tomorrow of the Yukon 6.2 as they are patching it and allowing it to be the next unlucky soles problem that buys it. I believe the Camaro customer is going to put a long block in it.
    More fuel = more boost!!

15 mpg with a 1/2 ton towing a aluminum boat . HA....
    I get 15 mpg pulling 18k and it’s a 6 cylinder,but it a Cummins.

Default 2016 Ford F-150 4x4 3.5 ecoboost questions

If my 2.7L ecoboost work truck ever gets back from Ford I’ll show you a few ideas.......

2nd time it’s been in and this time she broke the crank shaft. Waiting on a new short block. Piece of junk

2017 with 48k

Wish they’d just got us the 5.0.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by buckshot1224; 12-12-2018 at 09:43 PM.
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    I’ll have some pics tomorrow of the Yukon 6.2 as they are patching it and allowing it to be the next unlucky soles problem that buys it. I believe the Camaro customer is going to put a long block in it.
    i am sitting on the edge of my seat....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    15 mpg with a 1/2 ton towing a aluminum boat . HA....
    I get 15 mpg pulling 18k and it’s a 6 cylinder,but it a Cummins.
    I own both a 3.5 eco boost and a 6.7 Cummins. I get 22mpg average in the 3.5 daily driving. 6.7 driving the same stuff I get 17.5-18. Towing a bass boat I get 14-15 in the 3.5 and 15-16 in the 6.7.
    Gas is $2 a gallon diesel is $2.75 = gas is 23.3% cheaper so towing wise I would have to see 18.45 mpg to break even just on fuel. Now let’s talk about cost of an oil change and two fuel filters every 5k miles vs an oil change on a 3.5.
    Don’t get we wrong a diesel is a hell of a machine hence why I still own one but you’re kidding yourself if you think you’re saving a damn thing by operating obe unless you’re hauling really really heavy shit
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.