Thread: Jack Plates

I am looking to put a jack plate on my boat. I have heard that there is one out there that has a spring on it so if you hit a stump it will save the foot from all the force. If you know who makes this or of any suggestions I would appreciate it.

I have the CMC plate that they sell in Cabelas. The trim and tilt is built into the plate itself leaving your motor free to kick up. That is the only way to go.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

You want a CMC break away plate. It's built on their PT-130 T&T frame with a draw spring. You can order direct (800 654 3697//$298 + shipping) and install it yourself or go to Nab have it all done for you.
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

We have the small CMC T&T plate on our boat, and I don't think it is made to let the motor kick up. I just flip the shallow drive lever down, but don't lift the motor and this will let the motor kick up on contact. This is on a 25hp Mercury. Just an idea.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

You only want the breakaway plate if your motor has factory tilt/trim. Otherwise, if your motor does not have factory tilt/trim you want the cmc plate with the trim/tilt built in it.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan