Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trailering Long Distance

If you can't carry a large floor jack make sure you take a couple of blocks of wood...4x4 / 2x6's etc. These come in handy when having to use your auto jack! As stated, I don't care how new the trailer is one of the first stops with any new trailer I buy is to pick up at least one spare hub. In fact, I'm without a spare for my jon boat right now and it's an uneasy feeling for me even moving it from the house in town to the lake. Big boat has 2 spares...utility trailer has one...

Pulling a well balanced trailer at the speed limit is really an easy thing to do. Having spare parts is the smart thing to do! I've been surprised at how many brand new boat and trailers are not balanced appropriately and as a result pull like crap. In short, make sure you are balanced well with your tongue weight and such if it's a new trailer...
    Last edited by Elcid_Fowler; 04-07-2017 at 08:26 AM.

Motormate for the trim unit. I travel my ass off and haven't had a trim issue. Oil bath hubs
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Dewalt impact is my primary tool, 4 way is just back up. IF it is a tandem axle trailer take a piece of 4x6 or 6x6 and cut a 45deg angle on one end, then pull the good tire up on the block to lift the flat. Much safer than most jacks, much less aggravating and easier to tote than a floor jack and handle.

Oil bath hubs are nice.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Oh and don't forget the boat is back there. On long trips, I scare the crap out of myself when
    I realize I'm going 80 mph on I-95 for an hour and then remember the boat is back there.
    It's easy to forget it's back there when a friend unhooks it when you stop to eat as a joke. Then you get 5 miles down the road and realize you don't have s boat.

It's not a bad idea to carry a spare hub, I think over the last year my dad has had two hubs go out on the Ranger trailer and one go out on the truck. Also had a couple blowouts last year and one this year. He uses a motor mate and never had any issues with the motor moving on long trips.