Bible Study Verses
1 John 2:1-2
My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father-Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. (NIV)

Thoughts
Have you ever done something dumb? I mean really dumb, like standing in line for about ten minutes at the sporting goods store with a $10 box of .22 ammunition in your hand, and when it's your turn to check out you realize that you forgot your wallet or purse at home? And, since you no longer carry cash, but pay for everything with your credit or debit card, you're stuck.

Yeah, this is not a good situation. But then, the older grey-haired gentleman behind you says to the clerk, "Hey, go ahead and put that guy/lady's ammo on my tab."

You turn and look at him thinking that he's a friend, but realize that you've never seen him before in your life. You immediately tell him that you don't have any money with you and that you have no way to repay him. He says not to worry, that your having a good time out shooting is more important to him than the money.

You thank him and leave with your ammo looking forward to your time at the range and being thankful for your undeserved gift.
(Cliff S)

Action Point
Next question, have you ever committed what the Bible calls sin? No, you've never murdered anybody or made an idol out of stone. You've never stolen anything or gossiped about your neighbor or co-worker. But, have you ever in your life looked inappropriately and lustfully at someone? Have you ever in your life wished someone was dead? Have you ever in your life dishonored your father or mother? According to what Jesus taught, all of these actions are sins.

More importantly, have you rejected God? Have you rejected Jesus' gift of salvation by His paying for your sins with His life? Tell me, if you were the guy in line with the ammunition and no money, would you accept the gracious gift from the old man and enjoy an afternoon at the range?

That is exactly what Jesus is offering to do for you by paying the price for your sins, because He knows that you don't have any way to pay the price. Jesus is offering you the gift of eternal life with God, and according to John 10:10, life abundantly! The important thing is, will you accept Jesus' gift? Will you be the recipient of God's grace? It's your choice. Final question, why wouldn't you?

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
An idea from one of the Sportsmen's Devotional writers, a simple way to bless people, is to buy and carry several $5 gift cards from a coffee shop or gift store. When you're going about your day, give them to people that are doing jobs that don't get a lot of thanks. The guy mopping floors or the lady that is cleaning the restroom in the sporting goods store are good examples. Tell them thanks for doing a good job and making your life better because of what they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk