Thread: 71 hour challenge

Default 71 hour challenge

So in actuality I want to thank sw338 and Jason for pulling that thread together. Made me realize I haven't stuck my nose in the Bible in a while and have forgotten many things I once read. It's 71 hour read time for it. I have started mine. Who else is up for the challenge? Not that you have to do it consecutively but make it a point to knock out a couple chapters per day. I bet you will have something to talk about afterwards. Keep up w your reading/progress here if you would like. We all could use some extra guidance and enlightenment. Try it and lets see who is game!
    Last edited by beanhunter; 03-27-2017 at 09:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

I need to read my bible more for sure. What are the rules for this challenge? 71 hours by when?

No time limit. Just saying that apparently that's how much time you have to allow for completing it. I hope to be done in about two to three months. I can do most of mine around lunch and before sleeping.
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls

Great idea.

I admit once I realized folks were paying attention I did say some fairly sensational things, but there was a purpose behind it.

I intentionally left copied an pasted words out an only posted the name and verse number forcing folks to actually read the bible.

I always like reading an learning. And that particular read is the sword!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I'm up for the challenge. It has unfortunately been years since I have read it from cover to cover, although I do read some every week.

This also reminds me of the Bible Story books that my parents gave me as a child. I need to get them next time I am at their house, and pass them down to my children.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Sounds good! I'm gonna try it. BJ

I am in for this. I read a chapter from Psalms and one from Proverbs every morning during my quiet time, and a chapter from the New Testament as well. I am currently in Acts. But just last week I started, in my spare time, reading from the beginning in addition to what I do during my quiet time. If I can make it through Numbers, it should be downhill from there.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Finished genesis finally
    Tip:
    Tekton Game Calls

There are some crazy stories in the Bible that a lot of folks never hear because the stories never get preached on.
    A woman drives a tent peg through a guys skull, Samson caught three hundred foxes, tied them together by the tail and set them on fire, all sorts of cool stuff.....
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    Finished genesis finally
    You are rolling along pretty good. Think I'm on the sixth chapter. Lol

Flying axe heads
    Hands appearing writing on the wall.....

Donkeys talking. Cool but strange
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

Every time my studies take me to Genesis, I am always amazed of how much happens in that single chapter. On the other hand, Martin Luther said that if you only can read one chapternot the bible it should be John. Well Martin Luther was a law student and a monk so maybe his comprehension was way above me but John is very multilayered and requires frequent repeated reading of verses to understand. On the other hand, Luke is very easy to read but reads much more like a history book. Regardless, what a fantastic book that was denied to us peasants until Martin Luther translated to German risking his life in the process. Worse yet, people today are still being killed for reading or even owning it. So have fun and prepare to learn something new in God's word. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

It always amazed me that the bible isn't in chronological order.

I will not restart the other thread, Job was actually written prior to Genesis. Even though Genesis takes place prior to Job. There are several others that are out of whack.

Even stranger Revelations is an was written in the future unless you accept the premise that John the revelator was writing about Domitian and the oppressive Roman government.

I am of the opinion it is in fact literal and will take place. But interesting stuff.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot