Thread: I'm asking all of you to read this post and it's my most serious ever!

Default I'm asking all of you to read this post and it's my most serious ever!

If you have never read my post, I am begging you to please read this. Please, pretty please if you don't have smoke detectors in your home, please get them immediately. If you currently have them, make sure they work and the batteries are good. Today, smoke detectors are cheap and easy to install. If you can't afford one or can't install one, just call your local fire department and they will be more than happy to help you out in any way.

Please share this with your family and friends. There is literally no reason for a person to perish in a home fire, when a simple smoke detector can and will save lives. Don't believe it can't or won't happen to you, it does happen EVERY day across this country to people who believe it won't happen to them. The horrendous tragedy in Lexington breaks my heart!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Amen to that Cromer! Please have functioning smoke detectors in your house.

Supposed to replace every ten years as well.

Just replaced all of them in our house due to one being faulty. You can buy a 4 pack at HD for $70.00.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

It always blows my mind when I go into a house fire and don't hear the beeping of a smoke detector.

This is so weird you posted this and I don't know the story but prayers for the family. My smoke detectors started beeping low battery over the weekend and we replaced the yesterday and today.
    I take an PLB in the shower with me. Can't ever be too safe.

Whats it like to live w/o the Internet? Not bad, I get photos of your mom thought the mail....

"I'd like to know more about this. Someone give cottontop a bump of coke."
    Sportin' Woodies

Thank you for the reminder. I took one down awhile ago to replace the battery but didn't have one and completely forgot to get one. Got it back up tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodie has a bullhorn

Good post Cromer.

I just told someone about your Facebook post. This is very important and that story is tough to read.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    Woodie has a bullhorn
    It's actually an external siren, but then I realize bed-pan Orderlies don't usually understand technical details. Now go back to the toilet cleaning like a good lil' man.

Thanks for the reminder, Lab. I'm I the middle of planning a replacement/upgrade to the whole house and need to get it done.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Good stuff Lab.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."