Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Berry dead at 90

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Chuck Berry dead at 90

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule葉o all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule葉o all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

And according to Rolling Stone the most covered song in history, 'Johnny B. Goode'.

Last edited by Mergie Master; 03-18-2017 at 07:10 PM.

he was a rocker sho nuff- didn't even know he was still alive- my ding a ling

He was a prolific song writer and good musician. Because of his singing and dancing around on stage most people didn't realize just how good he was on the guitar.

He was good, but he stole a lot of his guitar style and material from Marty McFly.

WHoooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaa

Roll over Beethoven. Here he comes......Lord have mercy what the heavens must sound like tonight.

Oh, how many times I wish I could speak and or hear John Dee's recorded language.

Many of you should google that. You will learn something!

While we are at it play the good version!

Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

All you need to do is look at the "Boss" that tells you all you need to know.

That _ _ _ _ _ _ could JIVE then shuck......lawd have mercy what have we lossed!

Gorillas come in the vanilla format my avatar is proof.

I could care less about Mr. ******* an his ilk. I'll party with them just like you all....
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

I didn't know he was still kicking either. I really liked his style.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I love the sound those old Gibsons produced.

Early on, Chuck was ferocious, just listen to the solo that he plays on this, . It sounds like the amp is about to blow up! He also had a killin' piano player, Johnnie Johnson, who doesn't get enough recognition.
    Last edited by Shotunderit; 03-19-2017 at 07:13 AM.
    \"Free your mind, your ass will follow\"

[QUOTE=billyjack;2309170]He was good, but he stole a lot of his guitar style and material from Marty McFly.[/QUOTE

It was Chucks cousin Marvin that turned him on to that new sound Calvin Klein was playing.

My dad had Maybellene on a 78rpm record. I remember he had another song with the lyrics about smoking. Something like "Smoke, smoke smok'em if you smoke yourself to death" and "Tell St. Peter at the Golden Gates how you hate to make him wait, but you just gotta have another cigarette". No idea who sang it, and dad never smoked in his life. It was just a popular song at one time. I wish I had that stack of old 78rpms now. Dad gave them to me and me and some buddies used them for shotgun targets, sorta like clays.

1947 Tex Williams hit.

I see he was using a "Orange Brand" amp and cab.

What is the cab on the left with no front?
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

I don't know nothing about Orange cabs, all I ever seen was Yellow Cabs.

Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot