Thread: Compressing files

I have some pictures that I would like to compress to a smaller file size. I believe this is possible, right? Do any of you know how to do this? I tried to upload a picture to Hunt 101 and it said my file was too large. It kinda made me feel good - I don't get told that my file is too large all that often.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

I'm sure that there is a simpler way to do this, but on my computer I can right click on the file and select Send to mail recepient. It then asks me if I want to make the files smaller. It will put them in an email, but you can copy and paste or save them elsewhere.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Go get this little program Irfanview
    it's free and almost idiot proof! You can manipulate all your images with it, resize them, thumbnail them and even convert them to diffent file extension. I've been using it for several years now and it's great!

There are also other free programs out there that just re-size pictures and nothing more. You can google "picture resizer" and find those.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

10-4, MM. I used the program and resized a picture. Now I've just got to see if it worked.
    Thanks for the help.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....