Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: SC House on Constitutional Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    There are a thousand bills introduced.
    I've wondered about this. Had no idea it was close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    I've wondered about this. Had no idea it was close to that.
    Did you know that the House has passed a term limits bill before? That's right. They voted to put themselves out of a job. The senate didn't even take it up. That's probably why the house voted the way the did because the knew the Senate wouldn't take it up so it was a feel good vote. Regardless, they passed it.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Did you know that the House has passed a term limits bill before? That's right. They voted to put themselves out of a job. The senate didn't even take it up. That's probably why the house voted the way the did because the knew the Senate wouldn't take it up so it was a feel good vote. Regardless, they passed it.
    Well dang you get it. The Senate does the same. It is a game unless lobbyist are involved. Politicians are punks/whores but they enjoy saying they picked the John.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

It seems like the open carry issue could be handled much more simply by doing something similar to NC. There is no law prohibiting OC here. Not illegal = legal.

Amend the state law to remove the prohibition against OC, then tackle the permitless carry as a separate item.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

If you are not willing to foster relationships that builds trust in you then you will never be effective in the house.
    You might want to re-read that to yourself as the same goes for places like this.

The post was not meant to be directed at you. It was meant for all.
    You can say that, and might even mean it, but when you quote my comment and then proceed to pontificate, it's hard to ignore.

Fwiw, I agree with 'Constitutional Concealed Carry', if that's the term you want to use. The only reason I support 'Open Carry' is so that in the rare event of disclosure of a concealed weapon, I don't want to be crucified by the law.

If you guys really want to FIX some potentially serious problems with our current CWP law, go back and remove the FELONY charges that you changed the former MISDEMEANOR charges to. They are easy to spot if you compare the old law to the new one.

In case you forgot, you guy 'gave us' the ability to carry in to a restaurant to protect our family and ourselves, but then traded the former misdemeanor charges in various areas of the old law to the current felony charges for certain violations. Basically, y'all caved to the Dems and anti-gunners to make it easier for we law-abiding citizens to become criminals if we messed up. I think it would be more important and more valuable to ALL of us to get that crap fixed before we worry about 'Constitutional Carry'.

Just sayin'...
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Which is why it should be on the ballot for the people to vote on. They do, oops, they're supposed to be working for us anyways
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Which is why it should be on the ballot for the people to vote on. They do, oops, they're supposed to be working for us anyways
    Yup...Referendum! I'm not 100% clear on the process of getting a referendum...Maybe DT can shed some light on that.

So...I spoke with my senator (Sean Bennett) last night and this is what he said....

"if it were to make it to the Senate I did not think Judiciary Committee would take it up. I heard that Sen. Rankin does not want to start any gun legislation debates at this point so I highly doubt it would go anywhere in the Senate."

The gun lobby is working hard, if Rankin tables he may suffer the same fate as Martin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk