Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: SC House on Constitutional Carry

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Quick question for those that don't like CWP requirements.

Do you support Voter ID laws? I'm betting most of you do and you should IMO.
    Voting is a sacred, Constitutional right that needs to be protected from abuse and fraud. It is my belief that a Voter ID law would do much to protect the votes of law abiding citizens.
    CWP requirements may put a burden upon each of us to exercise the right to carry in the public square but same as Voter ID laws, it puts a minimal obstruction in front of ne'er do wells that would otherwise abuse the system.
    So you would be good with a permit process and finger printing to vote. Maybe a hair sample and drug test prior to voting too?

Many attain the CWP and forget about the Constitution because government know says they can carry. When actually the Constitution says I can carry and government should not infringe on that right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    The bill is a side note. DT gave us an inside look at how our govt operates. It's waaay more disturbing than TactiCool Tom & his tricked out .45.
    Bingo.
    :FYT:

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    I am an ex-LEO, and I have always wished that everyone could, and WOULD carry. That way, the bad guys would have to think twice before acting out for fear of what the good guys around them would do.
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Quick question for those that don't like CWP requirements.

Do you support Voter ID laws? I'm betting most of you do and you should IMO.
    Voting is a sacred, Constitutional right that needs to be protected from abuse and fraud. It is my belief that a Voter ID law would do much to protect the votes of law abiding citizens.
    CWP requirements may put a burden upon each of us to exercise the right to carry in the public square but same as Voter ID laws, it puts a minimal obstruction in front of ne'er do wells that would otherwise abuse the system.
    Voter ID is to protect voting rights for US citizens and state residents. Completely different. It does nothing more than insure the validity of ones constitutional right to vote.
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I keep hearing "he never shot an animal". As if it's a sign of a faulty character.

Exactly what does shooting an animal have to do with the 2nd Amendment?

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Sure it's a side benefit but it has nothing at all to do with the 2nd Amendment or it's intent by the Founders. I don't have a problem with anyone who "hasn't shot an animal" as long as they believe in and support the Constitution. I was in AFSOG with guys who had never shot an animal or shot a gun until they were in the Pipeline. I know a former SEAL that lives less than 20 miles from where I'm sitting here at home. Andy was involved in the Tet Offensive and he never hunted or shot animals before he went in or even to this day, unless he shot water buffaloes in Nam.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I keep hearing "he never shot an animal". As if it's a sign of a faulty character.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Sure it's a side benefit but it has nothing at all to do with the 2nd Amendment or it's intent by the Founders. I don't have a problem with anyone who "hasn't shot an animal" as long as they believe in and support the Constitution. I was in AFSOG with guys who had never shot an animal or shot a gun until they were in the Pipeline. I know a former SEAL that lives less than 20 miles from where I'm sitting here at home. Andy was involved in the Tet Offensive and he never hunted or shot animals before he went in or even to this day, unless he shot water buffaloes in Nam.
    There was a guy from 96 who woke up in a body bag while in Nam, is that the same guy you're talking about?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

well gee golly darn. I can't imagine what it feels like to have our state legislature make decisions that I didnt agree with or have my voice heard.
    kamutherfugginboom!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    There was a guy from 96 who woke up in a body bag while in Nam, is that the same guy you're talking about?
    No. Andy lives in Ware Shoals.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by ECUPirate View Post
    And now we see why Washington is so corrupt as well. Young reps trying to make a change "step out of line" and are immediately chastised on social media by their fellow reps. Wasn't it the democrats in Washington who pulled the same "I don't know what's in this bill but I'm going to follow suit" in order to get Obamacare passed. Congrats Mr. Lowe for proving to everyone here why politicians can't be trusted. It doesn't matter what your constituents are telling you, you're going to follow behind your trusted leaders in the General Assembly.
    or unless Rev Al and Jessie are in town with CNN

Deflection my friend, deflection. Look over here at him, look over here at him, don't look at me and what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    I haven't heard about that guy. But that's sort of what the MoH recipient Roy Benavidez did in 'Nam. He was wounded 30 times and kept going back into the firefight pulling wounded guys out. When they brought him back he had bled out so bad they thought he was dead. He was too weak to move so as the guy was zipping the body bag up Roy tried to spit blood at him. That's when they realized he wasn't dead. Look up his speech about it on Youtube, it's worth listening to. Here's an article from the Bad Ass site about him:

http://badassoftheweek.com/index.cgi?id=50095485956

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    So you would be good with a permit process and finger printing to vote. Maybe a hair sample and drug test prior to voting too?

Many attain the CWP and forget about the Constitution because government know says they can carry. When actually the Constitution says I can carry and government should not infringe on that right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Well since they removed the "had to own property clause"

I'd be ok with either a test to prove you were competent at American civics and or give you a half vote and for every 1k you pay in taxes you get 1 vote again. So the guy paying the most taxes gets to control the direction of the country an not the idiot sitting at home doing nothing to help society an in fact is a leach or burden on society.

I personally do not care what these folks think an certainly do not like the fact they can water down my vote.
    Y'all can call that what ever you want.

Either one of these takes out the gimme crowd an didnuffens.

I haven't heard about that guy. But that's sort of what the MoH recipient Roy Benavidez did in 'Nam. He was wounded 30 times and kept going back into the firefight pulling wounded guys out. When they brought him back he had bled out so bad they thought he was dead. He was too weak to move so as the guy was zipping the body bag up Roy tried to spit blood at him. That's when they realized he wasn't dead. Look up his speech about it on Youtube, it's worth listening to. Here's an article from the Bad Ass site about him:

http://badassoftheweek.com/index.cgi?id=50095485956
    This guys last name is Henderson, think he used to be 96 police as well
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Anyone with mixed emotions on a constitutional right is a pussy. Sorry if you're a cop and t scares you. No one forced you or asked you to be a cop. Your CHOICE to do so shouldn't effect anyone's constitutional rights.
    What he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Well since they removed the "had to own property clause"

I'd be ok with either a test to prove you were competent at American civics and or give you a half vote and for every 1k you pay in taxes you get 1 vote again. So the guy paying the most taxes gets to control the direction of the country an not the idiot sitting at home doing nothing to help society an in fact is a leach or burden on society.

I personally do not care what these folks think an certainly do not like the fact they can water down my vote.
    Y'all can call that what ever you want.

Either one of these takes out the gimme crowd an didnuffens.
    You don't understand or believe in a Republic to have that view. The top 2% of taxpayers would be a majority. I am fine with excluding non-taxpayer. But weighed votes is barber talk shop that is not worth air or bandwidth if you understand how a Republic works.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I have a pro gun bill that will be heard in committee this week. It has a chance of passing.
    Tell us what it is.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

H. 3566

STATUS INFORMATION

General Bill
    Sponsors: Reps. Lowe, Pitts, Jordan and White
    Document Path: l:\council\bills\gt\5171cm17.docx

Introduced in the House on January 24, 2017
    Currently residing in the House Committee on Ways and Means

Summary: Law Enforcement Training Council

HISTORY OF LEGISLATIVE ACTIONS

Date Body Action Description with journal page number
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1/24/2017 House Introduced and read first time (House Journal-page 28)
    1/24/2017 House Referred to Committee on Ways and Means
    (House Journal-page 28)
    View the latest legislative information at the website

VERSIONS OF THIS BILL

1/24/2017
    (Text matches printed bills. Document has been reformatted to meet World Wide Web specifications.)
    A BILL

TO AMEND THE CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, BY ADDING SECTION 23-23-150 SO AS TO PROVIDE THAT THE LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING COUNCIL SHALL DEVELOP GUIDELINES FOR A ONE-WEEK TRAINING PROGRAM OFFERED BY THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE ACADEMY TO SCHOOL FIRST RESPONDERS THAT CERTIFIES THEM TO POSSESS FIREARMS ON SCHOOL PREMISES, AND TO PROVIDE THE CONDITIONS UPON WHICH SCHOOL FIRST RESPONDERS MAY POSSESS FIREARMS ON SCHOOL PREMISES, AND TO PROVIDE FUNDING TO CREATE THIS PROGRAM.

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:

SECTION 1. Chapter 23, Title 23 of the 1976 Code is amended by adding:

"Section 23-23-150. (A) As contained in this section, 'school first responder' means any person who responds to a school emergency.

(B) The Law Enforcement Training Council shall develop guidelines for a one-week training program that the Criminal Justice Academy shall offer to a school first responder that certifies him to possess a firearm on a school premise. The program must include:

(1) shoot/don't shoot training;

(2) school safety protection training;

(3) rapid response training;

(4) identifying and containing potential threats and occurring threats;

(5) defusing volatile situations and resolving conflict;

(6) communicating with law enforcement that has jurisdiction over the school;

(7) first responder first aid; and

(8) other training that the council considers appropriate.

(C) A school first responder may possess a firearm on a school premise if he:

(1) holds a valid concealed weapons permit pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23; and

(2) has completed the training program contained in subsection (B).

(D) From its fiscal year 2017-2018 appropriations from the General Assembly, the Law Enforcement Training Council shall use nine thousand dollars for the purpose of establishing the program contained in this section."

SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

That's only for a small percentage of folks. It sounds good, but has nothing to do with the rest of us.

Oh, so now we can pick and choose some more folks that CAN carry a firearm on school property.

Awesome.

What about the rest of us?

Why do we need to ask your collective permission?
    Last edited by turbo; 03-07-2017 at 01:13 PM.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    That's only for a small percentage of folks. It sounds good, but has nothing to do with the rest of us.
    This.

Why is it considered a criminal activity for me to exercise my God given and constitutionally afforded right to self defense without gaining permission from the government?
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson