Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCW Instructors

[QUOTE=Islandguy85;2305213]I plainly asked why he wants one. He can choose to answer me or not and doesn't need your help. I am sure he is a big boy. You just made 2 dumb comments for no reason whatsoever. Glad we have your valuable input here. Keep going. Im not on this forum to fight with people I don't know. Ain't no body got time for that.

yup clearly see that.....

Island Guy,
    3 of the first 9 replies are yours asking why he needs a cwp. He responded once. I missed that or I never would have responded to your third question that was "out of curiosity".

It's a forum and public discussion but it's getting old that someone can't ask a question without people trying to tell them why they don't need what they are asking for. Look at the bedroom safe thread from today.

As for my comment I misunderstood your intent and took the time to explain why a cwp is beneficial because I remembered your recent thread asking for holsters. I'm good with your decision to not get one. But respect the next guys decision to get one.
    Last edited by uga_dawg; 03-08-2017 at 08:11 PM.

So the guy who said he carries his gun in his brief case and truck console in another thread is telling someone they don't need a cwp? It always seems like the people who say they carry without a permit are rarely the ones who carry a gun on their person everyday.

man, go out of town for a few days and miss all this fun! Mostly looking to see what options there are out there. Where I work I could not carry on me or on property so thats over 50 hours a week I can not carry, with a CWP or not however I would like to take a class and then decide if I want to invest the time/money to get the CWP permit. Outside of that I hope that there will be some good local knowledge of the laws and I hear you get to shoot guns and who doesnt like shooting guns?!

Default CCW Instructors

Patrick, didnt mean to hijack your thread. Im not telling you to not get one. I just wanted to see why you DID want one. A simple conversation. Not arguing, not putting anyone down. If you want one I say go for it. I was just asking why. I carry every day without one and have no problems. I travel and am on the road for work and every day carry is part of my routine, I am just tired of having to carry my briefcase in certain situations.
    I have recently started considering looking at a new pistol to dedicate to everyday carry which is why I started my other thread about holsters. My glock 17 is just too big to carry on my person comfortably unless I have a coat on, which is why it is in my brief case or cconsole. I did carry it IWB briefly but it just isnt great. My LCP .380 is okay for what some others described as a pocket carry gun. Basically if I was going to run to the store or somewhere and just wanted to put a pistol in my pocket it is a decent option but I worry about it not being the best option. I am thinking about something like the springfield XD .40 compact but have never held or shot one. I am starting to look more closely and hoping to find a public range in the chas area that has some concealable pistols I can rent to try before I buy.

There are tons of options for CWP courses and there is no shortage of course postings at most local gun shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Islandguy85; 03-12-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandguy85 View Post
    Patrick, didnt mean to hijack your thread. Im not telling you to not get one. I just wanted to see why you DID want one. A simple conversation. Not arguing, not putting anyone down. If you want one I say go for it. I was just asking why. I carry every day without one and have no problems. I travel and am on the road for work and every day carry is part of my routine, I am just tired of having to carry my briefcase in certain situations.
    I have recently started considering looking at a new pistol to dedicate to everyday carry which is why I started my other thread about holsters. My glock 17 is just too big to carry on my person comfortably unless I have a coat on, which is why it is in my brief case or cconsole. I did carry it IWB briefly but it just isnt great. My LCP .380 is okay for what some others described as a pocket carry gun. Basically if I was going to run to the store or somewhere and just wanted to put a pistol in my pocket it is a decent option but I worry about it not being the best option. I am thinking about something like the springfield XD .40 compact but have never held or shot one. I am starting to look more closely and hoping to find a public range in the chas area that has some concealable pistols I can rent to try before I buy.

There are tons of options for CWP courses and there is no shortage of course postings at most local gun shops.

You might want to try out a Springfield XDS, Glock 43 or S&W Shield if you get the chance to shoot them. It doesn't get much more comfortable than a quality single stack 9mm or .40 if you want to carry iwb.

Pat- where are you trying to carry that you currently cannot without a CWP? I am asking out of curiosity.

I believe what ever he wants to carry in other states that accept a SC CWP.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I am pretty sure, he simply asked for an instructor recommendation

Yep, just hoping that there might be an instructor that teaches pretty much any time but the weekend

I like my Glock 19, never had a 26 and havent had to opportunity to shoot a 43 yet

Quote Originally Posted by patrick0685 View Post
    Yep, just hoping that there might be an instructor that teaches pretty much any time but the weekend
    I think PSA does.

Still looking for someone, I have a place to teach and shoot and 5-6 people willing to take the class. It will prob be on a Wednesday afternoon if that works. Im pretty sure everyone has an out of state CCW.

The course I took in 2005 was split between a Tuesday and Thursday, 4 hours each. But that was at a place in Summerville and that appears to be on the opposite end of the state from you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft