Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wooden swing sets?

Default Wooden swing sets?

Wifey just informed me that Santa is bringing on of those this yr.

Where do I begin except to find once someone affordable that I can get delivered and built on site?

We got one from Sams Club. Seems to be nice quality. Almost lost my marriage building that mother.. Pay extra for assembly!
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

I got mine from Feet's place a few years ago.

Yeah looking at the Sam s ones......located in Greenville if it matters.

Need the smaller version with a couple swings slide small fort etc

Craigslist.

Buy new swings and maybe a slide.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

My wife bought one of the wally world kits. I WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN. Thing comes in 3000 pieces. Not very strong.

I was going to build one and came home one day and found it on the porch.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

I got one about like Steelin did and still put 2 days into putting it back together. Not sure what your askin JW but if u are building its a chore for them big ol wooden things. Just a swing set aint bad but one of them big ol play sets, whew.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

yep play set...fort with slide 2-3 slides etc.....I am not loving the idea....I am not wininng the argument right now either.

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    Where do I begin except to find once someone affordable that I can get delivered and built on site?

I build my sons' from a kit. They sent the cut sheets and hardware, we ordered the lumber. I spend my days reading engineering drawings and prints and have done woodwork since I was a kid. Those schematics were some of the worst I've seen, I think a Chinese and Pakistani engineer fucked and had a child to get that shit.

I got it together, had to mill and route every damn piece in it too.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    yep play set...fort with slide 2-3 slides etc.....I am not loving the idea....I am not wininng the argument right now either.
    yield, concede, and plan....kids will friggin love it....own the idea, tell the wife how brilliant she is and you are jealous for not thinkin it up your self. where do you live, if this is a Christmas Eve endeavor you are gonna need some help, a bunch of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallin View Post
    yield, concede, and plan....kids will friggin love it....own the idea, tell the wife how brilliant she is and you are jealous for not thinkin it up your self. where do you live, if this is a Christmas Eve endeavor you are gonna need some help, a bunch of it.

anybody that tries to put that together in the dark on christmas eve is up for DISASTER!

I bought ours used, but would never have tried to put it together at night.

There are a few nice ones on craigslist, already assembled, for less than $500
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

yep Xmus eve ninjy skills....looks like my initial thoughts were spot on

I was in the same boat a couple of months ago. I finally decided i could build one much cheaper and how i wanted it. The boy is two now and i will add a climbing wall when he gets much bigger. They have all the different parts for them at home depot. I think i have just under 800 in it. My father n law and i built it over two saturdays. This what i came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    anybody that tries to put that together in the dark on christmas eve is up for DISASTER!

I bought ours used, but would never have tried to put it together at night.

There are a few nice ones on craigslist, already assembled, for less than $500
    Why would you do it in the dark silly. I can make more artificial light than Columbia.
    Already assembled is cool, mine was, but you really need a couple of man sized dudes and a car trailer..

We're getting one, too.

Oh how excited I am...(right)!

Got one on line drop shipped to the house. I don't remember exactly how many large boxes it was. The labeling stamps on each piece, if there, were hard to read. Wife and I unpacked it and layed out the pieces and labled them on the shop floor. Filled a 20 x 30 floor. I called in several favors and arranged a crew. Put it up in one day. Fuck me, but I'll never do it again.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallin View Post
    i liked where you were going with this....until the end.

Swing sets rock. Kids love them. I get all that...but if she wants this thing for Christmas, SHE is paying for it and it WILL come assembled.

and then tell her to do the fucking dishes.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

We went out of town one weekend and my parents called to say that they had bought my children a playset and wanted to know where to put it in my backyard. I told them to just put it in the easiest place they could find, and I would move it around when I got home thinking a backhoe would make short work of this thing. When I got home there was 4 boxes of lumber with crappiest set of directions/plans known to man, after a couple of days I called my Dad to see how they were doing and before saying hello he answers "it was your Mom's idea don't shoot the delivery guy". I can build you a 20 million dollar road but I can't build a bird house out of wood...I can now, hard lessons learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rem11-87 View Post
    I was in the same boat a couple of months ago. I finally decided i could build one much cheaper and how i wanted it. The boy is two now and i will add a climbing wall when he gets much bigger. They have all the different parts for them at home depot. I think i have just under 800 in it. My father n law and i built it over two saturdays. This what i came up with.

$50