Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: doe day with tags

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    what about tags for the does the kids kill? they don't have a license until age 16
    With the purchase of a South Carolina hunting license and a big game permit, a resident shall be issued eight date-specific individual antlerless deer tags which are valid only on specified days and three unrestricted individual antlered deer tags. Persons under the age of sixteen, lifetime, and gratis licensees may receive these tags upon request to the department. Residents, including persons under the age of sixteen, lifetime, and gratis licensees also may purchase:

(i) two antler restriction individual antlered deer tags valid for deer with a minimum of four points on one antler or a minimum twelve-inch inside antler spread for five dollars per tag; and

(ii) additional individual antlerless deer tags for five dollars per tag.
    Last edited by JBtflo; 02-19-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Also non-residents will not receive the date specific doe tags. They will pay $50 for the first buck tag and $20 for up 3 more bucks (4 max) and they can also purchase (4) antlerless tags @ $10 each. Depending on what they purchase the increase will range from $50 to $150.

SC has a bear bill that will increase the cost of a non resident bear tag to $300.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Bigtimber2; 02-19-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Pbiz I don't really mind the tags. Renegades are gonna renegade. I personally think the buck tags are great to start encouraging folks to be more selective.

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    With the purchase of a South Carolina hunting license and a big game permit, a resident shall be issued eight date-specific individual antlerless deer tags which are valid only on specified days and three unrestricted individual antlered deer tags. Persons under the age of sixteen, lifetime, and gratis licensees may receive these tags upon request to the department. Residents, including persons under the age of sixteen, lifetime, and gratis licensees also may purchase:

(i) two antler restriction individual antlered deer tags valid for deer with a minimum of four points on one antler or a minimum twelve-inch inside antler spread for five dollars per tag; and

(ii) additional individual antlerless deer tags for five dollars per tag.
    does this mean I have to take my grandsons to the DNR office to get their free deer tags when they come visit? What a mess.

I'm just gonna shoot what I want. Who made this mess anyway?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    does this mean I have to take my grandsons to the DNR office to get their free deer tags when they come visit? What a mess.
    Same thing if they wanted to turkey hunt with you, but been that way a long time.

Locks, tags, morals... all things that do only one thing. They keep honest people honest.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by surfcock; 02-20-2017 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GBelly View Post
    So how are the clubs that have applied in the past for antlerless tags be handled? I haven't kept
    Up with this new legislation and haven't had to apply for anything other than individual tags for years now.

Fill me in

And FYI... a doe is a doe is a doe. 40#-140#
    From what I was just told, if you enroll in the program for a property(buck and doe tags), the amount of doe tags won’t change at all, but you will be one buck tag per 150 acres, atleast in this county.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWOODROW View Post
    Pbiz I don't really mind the tags. Renegades are gonna renegade. I personally think the buck tags are great to start encouraging folks to be more selective.
    What benefit do you have with hunters being more selective?
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

There are literally 40 plus pages in about 3 different threads on all this that will answer all your questions.

Use that little white bar with the magnifying glass beside it.

I see right now this is gonna go down like deer season. No one worried about it when all of this was being hashed out, but now that it has passed and the law is in effect everyone is Johny come Lately. It is like the week before the season when everyone comes a running. Bo, deer season is almost here!

I just got back from the feed an seed store. I got some of this "grow a rack" in a bag. I'm gonna plant it next month so that 6 pt will grow into a 8 pt by November.

This is literally what I know is gonna happen.

And by the time deer season actually gets here there will be so many different interpretations of the new law a new york lawyer will not be able to decipher the truth.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

They way this law is for now, will not affect me one bit. I kill very few bucks. In the last 10 years, I have only killed 4 bucks. With that said, I do not agree with it. My issue with this law is the push to make everyone "trophy manage." A trophy is in the eye of the beholder. This law was passed under the guise of a declining deer heard in South Carolina. While I cannot disagree with that in certain parts of the state, that is not the case in my area. As it has been said on this forum many times before, does are the key. If your numbers are declining, quit shooting does. If you have to many deer, shoot does. It really is that simple. Some people like to manage for big bucks, while others like to manage for numbers. Which way is the best management practice? It all depends on the what a person is more interested in for their property.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

What ever the auspice was that the bill was presented remember it was folks like the guy in scumpter who had a half acre maybe 3/4 lol and was shooting to feed his family, but turns out he only shot bucks not does.

His neighbors had some multi thousand acres an managed for larger racked bucks. He had a trailer house slam in the middle an was decimating bucks that had been intentionally ear marked for later harvest due to potential growth in antlers.

This dip shit actually started complaining when folks chastised him for his single handedly destroying a resource they had been cultivating and not to mention had a ton of time an money tied up in. He even brought up the old he was feeding his family, but never could explain why it was only bucks with larger racks he needed to feed his family.

There was a news paper article or something written about it.

So how ever the bill got to that point it was folks like this that cemented its passing.

These people had to be reined in. There was no good solution as to how to do this and this was what came out of that period of history. Good, Bad, and Ugly it is what we have now.

Hence why I say to hear people bitch and gripe now you would have thought the auditoriums would have been packed wit the streets lined. This was not the case! (Ok the lower part of the state were they almost crucified Charles Ruth on stage it was packed.) It's like people who complain about government an don't vote or get involved. You have no right to complain.

But CR and Ott could have been swayed had more got involved, but it is too late now!
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

charles Ruth always has and forever will be in favor of Horn Managing.. There is zero sway in his tree.. ZERO

Now he has representatives helping him push his agenda..

And if I had a multi-thousand acre tract and some piece of white trash was pulling every young buck I had, I would question the way I managed my property..

Now don't be bringing facts into this pbiz.

And trash is always going to be trash. It doesn't matter what the law is.

Morality is not something that can be legislated, no matter how laudable the cause. Prohibition and the war on drugs come to mind.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    And if I had a multi-thousand acre tract and some piece of white trash was pulling every young buck I had, I would question the way I managed my property..
    If I recall correctly he had killed some 14 or some such none sense. What ever the number he isn't the only one this story was repeated all over the state enough people wanted a change.

But this particular instance the guy had a half acre inside their bloc some how.

Deer move this is one of the reasons some sort of rules were needed to keep any one guy from over harvesting.

In this instance a half acre sure isn't much, especially when it inside thousands of acres.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Mmmm... I would built a fence around him..

Deer tags is not a new concept. Well accept 5 buck tags is more than anywhere. But we will get reduced in time. Baby steps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'll pick up crackheads and homeless folks, buy them a license and let them shoot every deer on every piece of property I lease..

Where is your 20acre tract?

You can still be in antlerless deer program and each member can use their individual buck tags.

4th bullet point up from bottom
    Last edited by KRT; 02-20-2017 at 11:51 AM.
    More fuel = more boost!!