Thread: Posting a nice litter of lab pups

Maybe I like hitting my head against brick walls. But I think this site should enable a nice litter to be made available to the site.
    I have read enough on the site to know that you do not want a bunch of back yard breedings posted that you can't vouch for. I agree with that. I also think I saw that you wanted to know the breeder and the sire/dam.
    Certainly I agree that efforts should be made to protect the breed. I think you can accomplish that by requiring certain criteria be met before a litter can be listed, such as OFA/CERF information. Maybe you only allow listings of titled sire/dam litters, or maybe you have a minimal charge for a classified for a gun dog listing as some other sites do. I know I would be willing to pay a minimal amount to post a litter. I have a litter off of a FC AFC x a SH dog that I would like to let people on this site know is available. I would prefer selling the pups to folks in the S.C. area that are retriever enthusiasts. The pups that are sold in the particular litter I have now are all going out of state. I don't know, it just seems like this site should have a means to post a nice litter, because surely there are folks who frequent this site who would be interested.

I think the owners just do not want people showing up here that have never posted before and hawking their puppies. They have stated that some litters will be allowed depending on the circumstances... Their site; they make the rules.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

by frequenting, I suppose you mean more than 6 visits in 2 years?

Moatsy, you're right, I have posted very little. Two teenagers and one computer and I'm lucky to get on for a few minutes and check e-mail etc. For what it's worth, I do look at the site on occassion.
    I guess what I do not understand, is why posting a litter of pups, especially if certain standards are met, is not allowed. Like anything else, the buyer should beware, check everything out, and make an informed decision.
    It just seems that a duck site ought to have duck dogs for sale, especially when there is a trading post for everything else.
    Thanks for the replies Moatsy and Sasha and Abby.

It clearly states, "No puppies may be listed for sale without permission of the Administrators of this site " at the top of the Retriever Forum. We sell advertising on this website to keep it going. We have in the past and will in the future advertise litters for sale. If you have a litter simply email the owners of the site and something will be worked out.

I am sure that if you are giving them away then it would be fine...
    ----------------------------------<br />I\'m getting worser!!!