Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Adding images

somebody please explain how to add pics [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Moving to how to forum GenJeb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I played my butt horn on a wooden pew once. No one seemed to appreciate it, especially my mom who took me outside and put the fear of God in me. To this day I still look over my shoulder to see if she's around before I fart.

There are basically two types of images I guess someone would want to add. A picture already on the web or one on a users computer.

A pic already on the web is easy. Simply hold the cursor over the picture and right click your mouse. Select "Properties" from the pop-up menu. Left click on the bottom portion of the properties window where the address of the picure is. It will begin with http://

Drag your mouse to the right and down, while holding the left button down, in the case of multiple line addresses to highlight the entire address. Sometimes the address actually has to scroll in that window for you to get the whole thing. Right click the mouse after you have reached the end of the address and choose copy from the popup menu. TIP: one way to make sure you have the whole address of the pic is that it should end in .jpg or .gif or .bmp....... the actual file name.

Now after clicking reply here in the forum look below the posting window and there is a button that says "IMAGE". Click this button and a box will pop-up. Right click in the box over the blue highlighted "http://" and select "paste" from the pop-up menu. Then click "ok". Simple as that! The other case, pic on your computer is a bit more difficult... gimmie a minute to collect my props
    I played my butt horn on a wooden pew once. No one seemed to appreciate it, especially my mom who took me outside and put the fear of God in me. To this day I still look over my shoulder to see if she's around before I fart.

Ok to post a picture on your computer ie. digital or scanned in. You must first put in on the web. The best route but the most difficult is to use a FTP program like WS-FTP or Cute FTP or one of the many available at http://www.download.com
    to upload your pictures to some "web space". Most ISP's offer you some free space to use with your contract, but you just have to learn how to access it. Call them or check their website for more details.

The universeral way if you do not have web space is to use a hosting service. There are not many free ones left. But there are many pay services. Here are two free ones I know about.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/

http://www.hpphoto.com/home/home.asp

You must sign up for their service and create an account then upload your pictures off your computer into the account and onto the web. Then pull your picture up within the account. Follow the instructions in the post above to determine the "properties" of the picture ie. it's address on the web to cut and paste it into the image popup box when posting.

Hope this helps.

ttt for JD

ttt fo jpc3

Thanks, rocknrye. I'm not a complete dumbass. I will now be posting pics all the time! [img]graemlins/headbanger.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tapdance.gif[/img]

Maybe I am a dumbass, what happened to my pic? All I see is the dreaded red x. Anybody got an explaination for that? Help please!

I have given up on trying to post a pic... It is way too much trouble.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

All I can tell you is I've tried both and believe
    http://www.hpphoto.com/home/home.asp is easier to use
    More fuel = more boost!!

GIT SOME!

I did everything you said Rock and it didnt work.
    GIT SOME!

That site won't allow you to use their images [img]graemlins/bash.gif[/img] and i'd hate to see what it was anyway lol

Try a non nekid chick pic lol

GIT SOME!

dats it
    GIT SOME!

Hey SCMIDLANDER nice pic!
    More fuel = more boost!!

omg that girl is hot! [img]graemlins/sex.gif[/img] lol
    "It's like dejavu all over again"
    "90% of the game is half mental" Yogi Berra

Hey Crippler, You think she might have a small dog? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

test