Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon offering Unlimited data for $80

StraightTalk. $45. Done. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    The problem I have with Verizon, or all carriers for that matter, is the "monthly activation fee". They will cut it to $20 if I finance a phone and pay $37 a month on top of the $20.. or if I buy the phone outright it's $40 activation per phone.

With the unlimited plan, since I bought our phones out right, would cost us $200/month for two phones..

Currently paying $150 for 2 with 6gb plan, and if I go over its $15 a gig. I usually go over, but we never hit the $200 mark..

Guess my point is they don't reward you for being responsible and not "financing" a phone so I can upgrade every 6 months..

I've been with them over 10 years and not once have they used a "customer retention" program or anything. Any promo they put out is for new customers.. T-Mobile is starting to look better and better..

They way I understood the lady at the Verizon store tonight is you don't pay a monthly line access fee on the unlimited plan if you own the device. The only additional fee other than taxes and the regular surcharges would be insurance. In your case, you could get the unlimited plan for two phones for $140/month.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    They way I understood the lady at the Verizon store tonight is you don't pay a monthly line access fee on the unlimited plan if you own the device. The only additional fee other than taxes and the regular surcharges would be insurance. In your case, you could get the unlimited plan for two phones for $140/month.
    Guess I need to go into the store. When I priced it online it came out to $190 +fees and insurance..

Another thing to consider is most carriers will not allow you to use your unlimited data as a hotspot.
    HRCH DL's Black Kentucky Shine SH "Colby"
    HR Devil's Dirty Little Secret "Tessa"

2015 1760dbst Havoc & 90 HP Yamaha 2 Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDave View Post
    Another thing to consider is most carriers will not allow you to use your unlimited data as a hotspot.
    This plan allows you to tether 10 gigs for free to another device
    Last edited by Biggie1976; 02-13-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    This plan allows you to tether 10 gigs for free to another device
    That's not what the small print on Verizon's website said. Are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    Guess I need to go into the store. When I priced it online it came out to $190 +fees and insurance..
    Same here

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    That's not what the small print on Verizon's website said. Are you sure?
    The tech website I read yesterday said this but I have not confirmed it with Verizon

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Where are you getting a 2 gig data plan for $26/mo?
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    I was very curious about that, too.
    It's $35/month, but I got some major credits for the trade in on black Friday. Not to mention a VR headset and a $200 visa gift card. I'm robbing them, which felt good after switching from Sprint after a huge customer service fuckup pushed me over the edge. I had been with Sprint since 03.
    S7IxkY6.png

Page plus is 39.95 for 5 gigs plus unlimited talk & text. Using Verizon service network.

Damn, Carolina!

Sent via TapaTalk on S7 Edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I pay a smidge over two hundred for unlimited with five phones through t-mobile.
    Ew.

Disregard.
    Last edited by Moonlight Hunter; 02-14-2017 at 12:15 AM. Reason: That's not fair.

As I understand it, the Verizon Unlimited Plan does limit you to 10 GB of Mobile Hotspot (or Jetpack) tethering and goes to 3G afterwards. To me (expecting to use some of that), the old plan (30GB) seemed much better. Unlimited would cost me $12 more and limit that tethering much sooner. Current rollover is 53GB, all of it available for tethering.

I had the 30 go plan as well. I switched to unlimited and it saved me $30 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I had the 30 go plan as well. I switched to unlimited and it saved me $30 a month.
    Most of my costs came from the line fees, but the basic plan was $2 difference because of my employee discount ($27) on the old plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    It's $35/month, but I got some major credits for the trade in on black Friday. Not to mention a VR headset and a $200 visa gift card. I'm robbing them, which felt good after switching from Sprint after a huge customer service fuckup pushed me over the edge. I had been with Sprint since 03.
    S7IxkY6.png
    I can't tell which company that is with. Please clarify which company and plan and is it open to everyone?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Verizon 2gb

I switched to unlimited this week. I was so pissed off about the slow internet service I had made up my mind to switch to AT&T. Out of frustration I called Verizon and they moved me to the unlimited plan. I have NEVER had internet service this fast. It' like being in downtown Columbia, this thing flies!!! Plus, I saved an ass of money.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Update. I am at 188.75gb so far this month running 3 tvs and a laptop using my iphone as a hotspot. Unlimited has been better than I thought it would be. I cant get Directv HD because of a mountain, but now can get most of what I would care about looking at in HD via Roku signed in on the Directv account. Watched a fucking Nascar race last night just because I had never seen the in car stuff. Downside is that I have to sign in to the channels often if I turn the roku tvs off for some reason so I leave them on which accounts for a lot of data use, not that I care. The difference in 3g and 4g isn't discernable to me, but I am sure it may be to those used to higher speeds.

Since it isn't totally "unlimited", can you tell you're being throttled after the 22 gig allotment?

Sent via TapaTalk on S7 Edge.