Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New MacBook?

Default New MacBook?

So I'm trying to get adjusted to using a Mac as opposed to windows. How do I stop my text messages from showing up on my computer screen. I do not want them there.

hahahahaha

Time for everyone to start texting you to really get you mad this morning
    Stand by for my texts
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

You have already been blocked

Daaaaahahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Yeah that could cause issues with the fam haha
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Thanks for the help so far and all the txt

Ok, you're no fun. Go to settings, messages, and uncheck the box beside "receive iMessages"
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Ok, you're no fun. Go to settings, messages, and uncheck the box beside "receive iMessages"
    "Messages" is not an option. It is on my iPhones and IPad but I don't see it in settings on the Mac?

On my Mac you go to 'Messages' at the top, click 'Preferences', and uncheck the boxes by your phone number. There's two options on that popup, 'General' and 'Accounts', what you need is under 'Accounts', or at least it is on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    He doesnt want to cut off imessage he just wants them to stop showing up on the tablet

And while I like Mac, I went ahead and bought the Windows package for mine. I still run Word, Excel, and Outlook on mine. Still a learning curve, but I didn't have to relearn everything.

[QUOTE=huntinghagen#12;2370743]And while I like Mac, I went ahead and bought the Windows package for mine. I still run Word, Excel, and Outlook on mine. Still a learning curve, but

So are you running the full windows operating system? Or are you saying you bought word and excel for Mac.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 08-24-2017 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    On my Mac you go to 'Messages' at the top, click 'Preferences', and uncheck the boxes by your phone number. There's two options on that popup, 'General' and 'Accounts', what you need is under 'Accounts', or at least it is on mine.
    That got my close enough to stumble onto it. Thanks

And while I like Mac, I went ahead and bought the Windows package for mine. I still run Word, Excel, and Outlook on mine. Still a learning curve, but I didn't have to relearn everything.
    I just downloaded the Office package as well. So far the Mac is aggravating.
    Now trying to figure out how to get all my job files moved over from the old laptop. For some reason the Mac does not want to talk to my external hard drive where my files are backed up.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is why you never cross to the dark side.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

[QUOTE=banded_mallard;2370767]
    And while I like Mac, I went ahead and bought the Windows package for mine. I still run Word, Excel, and Outlook on mine. Still a learning curve, but

So are you running the full windows operating system? Or are you saying you bought word and excel for Mac.
    No clue ... I bought the online based windows package, it gave me a user name and password, and I signed in. I have the full windows suite (word, powerpoint, excel, outlook, etc), I also have all of the mac stuff on there as well, I just never use it. I'm thinking that means I do not have the full windows operating system, but I couldn't tell you for sure.

The dark side is windows. I have been through more windows laptops then you could imagine. Does not matter what brand ASUS, hp, dell, Lenovo and Sony. I had them all. After two years the motherboards would crash or you would get the blue screen of death. Seemed like they always had a problem. Then in 2010 I bought a Mac book pro with Retina display and it is still just as fast as the day I bought it. I also have had zero problems with it. The only complaint I have is the power cords break but I had the same problem with windows computers.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 08-24-2017 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    The dark side is windows. I have been through more windows laptops then you could imagine. Does not matter what brand ASUS, hp, dell, Lenovo and Sony. I had them all. After two years the motherboards would crash or you would get the blue screen of death. Seemed like they always had a problem. Then in 2010 I bought a Mac book pro with Retina display and it is still just as fast as the day I bought it. I also have had zero problems with it. The only complaint I have is the power cords break but I had the same problem with windows computers.
    I came over to Apple about 4 years ago. I ran a Macbook Pro for a while, and then bought a MiniMac and two 23" monitors to run a dual screen setup. Still just as fast, and no issues at all.

Fuck Windows and everything it stands for. If we didn't use Quickbooks, everything I have would be Mac

Mac is the only way to go. I've got a MacBook Air I've had for a few years now with not a single issue. Still learning something about it every time I use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson