Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bush hookin on wateree question

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    Go buy them clamp on lights at harbor freight, take clamp off and that's what you got
    Or get 1/8 stainless rig wire and bend your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Or get 1/8 stainless rig wire and bend your own.
    I'm going to try to make some with 1/8 or larger tig wire, the only problem I see is the loop that keeps it from twisting . Good idea Baggy.

I will say that a hand size live bream works fairly well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    they make a thing like that that's used to hook your bow line to a tree. Kinda like a big long line clip. Is that what you are talking about?
    I have one of those they work nice when you are hunting or fishing in current where there is brush that is too thin to get a rope around
    Pro Remington 870 Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Two words....

White

Perch
    froze some from our outing this weekend got about 12 perch and 30 bream

Quote Originally Posted by CantCareSB View Post

I will say that a hand size live bream works fairly well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice flattys

Quote Originally Posted by SCmudder7071 View Post
    Thanks Tim! I was drawing a blank to what they would be on. Was hoping I could find them individually for just a few bucks or so. Hate to drop $10 in each one.
    You run the risk of 10 dollar bills not including your 1.50$ for your hook and weight getting plucked off the trees like muscadines by rednecks.
    Last edited by kayakkillshots; 02-14-2017 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kayakkillshots View Post
    You run the risk of 10 dollar bills not including your 1.50$ for your hook and weight getting plucked off the trees like muscadines by rednecks.
    No kidding.....I wouldn't leave anything of more than $2.00 in value away from eyesight in public. People are overthinking this. Its called setting bush hooks. It takes about 3 seconds to tie 2 square knots and go on to the next one. Just cut the lines of with a knife when you leave.

Hardly nobody runs hooks on the stretch of river I run. Plus when I put some out, I stay out there most of the night drinking beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    No kidding.....I wouldn't leave anything of more than $2.00 in value away from eyesight in public. People are overthinking this. Its called setting bush hooks. It takes about 3 seconds to tie 2 square knots and go on to the next one. Just cut the lines of with a knife when you leave.
    That's still making it more difficult than it has to be.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

look at hawg logs. Its a fiberglass pole that you drive in the bank and use instead of limbs. $40 each. Looks easy to use but real easy to get stolen. Ive set lines on wateree river a bunch. Usually stay all night and check em every few hours. Once we set em and came back before daylight and someone had already come and run our lines. hooks cut off and catfish slime up and down the lines. People are nosy.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

If you are planning to fish the stretch near Sumter, make sure you follow the regs to a T. The local GW is a good fellow but he don't play. Several fellows I work with have found this out the expensive way.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

can you not use a trot line on wateree?

For bait, get cheap frozen shrimp (on sale) and put them in a ziplock back with some garlic flavored olive oil. Let that soak outside in the sun for a day before you go

Smells horrible but catches fish
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

look at hawg logs. Its a fiberglass pole that you drive in the bank and use instead of limbs. $40 each. Looks easy to use but real easy to get stolen. Ive set lines on wateree river a bunch. Usually stay all night and check em every few hours. Once we set em and came back before daylight and someone had already come and run our lines. hooks cut off and catfish slime up and down the lines. People are nosy.
    Neat idea

But I was always taught that jugging , trot lining, or bush hookin was supposed to be a relatively cheap way to get a bunch of fish,

At $40 a pile you get away from cheap real quick like
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Trust me if a redneck lays eyes on that thing it is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    If you are planning to fish the stretch near Sumter, make sure you follow the regs to a T. The local GW is a good fellow but he don't play. Several fellows I work with have found this out the expensive way.
    Putting in at elgin on Saturday at noon and going down river a ways.

Do I need a permit for it?

You need a $5.00 permit to be legal for bush hooks. Get it on line and it won't take five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    Sounds like a real cool guy....harassing people out trying to get a few stinking catfish for supper.

Pay attention from the pipeline after the treatment plant to a couple hundred yards below I20.