Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 84 Lumber

How many times have I told y'all about the post January 2012 members?
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Sure, the focus was meant to be on the door. That's why the original ad that they submitted and was rejected by Fox never showed a door. It ended with them at the wall.

Budweiser tried to do the same thing. Except they used a well-dressed white guy in a tailored suit instead. With drunk white Americans being racist toward him.

Damn Bavarians sucking up all the white man's air.

Im just tired of free grazers pissin on my land

I think 84 was trying to play both sides of the fence. The part of the commercial that everyone saw on TV was sympathetic to illegal immigration. The part on their website, which most folks would never go see unless enraged by the TV part, was their bailout excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonw View Post
    Boycotting companies that have compassion. Wow! That takes "lack of compassion" to a new level!!!
    This has NOTHING to do with compassion. That was a calculated political advertisement and its gonna cost 'em, big.

I'm still trying to figure out how in the hell you get compassion out of that full commercial and not illegal immigration.

Some of yall need to go fishing, there's no use in getting so worked up over a television commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    You have to be one ignorant, common, stupid, half witted individual to take the frustrations generated by a tv commercial out on anyone much less some poor sap who's just trying to make a living.

If tv can get you that fired up you need to seek counseling and pharmacological assistance.
    But in many instances 84's target audience for their commodity isn't the brightest bulb but are rough, tough, guys whom a fight means shit to them anyway. They are patriotic to the core. What did they think was gonna happen when they alienated their main buyers?

Is it dumb sure, but some where on a job site this am there is a contest going on to see who can get hit the most times by a nail from a nail gun with out it drawing blood.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Some of yall need to go fishing, there's no use in getting so worked up over a television commercial.
    Are the crappie biting?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...l-ad/97583534/

I don't know what to believe but it'll be hard for me to boycott 84 Lumber since I didn't even know they were still around.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...l-ad/97583534/

I don't know what to believe but it'll be hard for me to boycott 84 Lumber since I didn't even know they were still around.

I believe she realizes was a stupid ass commercial this was and she is trying to save face.

Regardless of the intent of the message it's an awful business decision. Why risk alienating just one customer?

They said the intent was to speak to young people and encourage them to want to work for 84.

Here's a crazy thought. If you are going to spend 15 Million on a commercial, maybe speak to your customers.

I saw the ad during the game and the imagery displayed did not lead me to believe or indicate that it had anything to do with legal immigration. In fact, every bit of the imagery suggested illegal immigration from the coyote running the immigrants to the long walks in the desert up to and including an unguarded gate. ( because we all know that legal immigrants have to enter thru guarded check points )
    If 84's intent was to depict legal immigration they may want to hire a different marketing company next time.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how in the hell you get compassion out of that full commercial and not illegal immigration.
    Immigration is a tough issue for many people(not all, but many). For some, it's simple and boils down to "Fuck those people. I was here first. I don't give a shit if they die"... For others it's tough because on one hand, we can't save the entire world - can't afford to, don't have room to, but on the other hand, you realize that there are real human beings on the other side of that wall that believe in the American dream more than some of the assholes on this side of the wall, so the least you can do is to talk about those people as if they are humans... The point of this commercial was to show the "fuck you, I don't give a shit if they die" crowd that the people on the other side of the wall are actually human beings. Maybe a widow and a daughter, who leave their homes, friends, and all of their possessions just that they *might* get a shot at the American dream. The little girl picked up every piece of plastic on the way to create a make shift American flag (i.e. respect and LOVE for the USA).

Again, the ironic thing is that's it's fallen on deaf ears... If you don't see how them picking a widow and small child over 8 drunks and a ladder tries to bring "humanity" back into the conversation, then there is nothing that I can say or do to help you believe it. Again, this company has already come out with several statements, but you DON'T want to hear them and you DON'T believe them because it doesn't fit your hate narrative.

So yes, whether you choose to believe it or not, the reason they chose a woman and small child (no father around) was to invoke sympathy/compassion...

they seem to be getting a lot of publicity.

although I am thoroughly convinced I still dont give a shit.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

They don't even sell trinkets and junk like those other two big boxes either? Or do they? I don't care one way or another... I'm not building a damn thing.

"says she is pro-President Trump and pro-border wall"

Well, the left will be calling get for a boycott now. Guess they we really be in a pickle now.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

I don't know what's easier...being a bad-ass over the internet or being compassionate over the internet?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I would think trying to be a badass is easier at least for the the ones lacking wit. It's like a caveman that touches fire, one that was given a new book of dirty words.