Thread: Bilstein 5100

Default Bilstein 5100

Any of yall ever put a set of these on a truck. They are height adjustable from 0-2.25". Thinking about a set for my f150 instead of coil spacers
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I got set on my 07 Silverado. No complaints. I left some rake in the front to allow more hitch weight without squatting the truck. I brought mine from Automotive Anything a couple years ago I believe it was free shipping, no tax, and best pricing I could find.

I would put the 5100's non adjustable "extended" and a leveling kit.

Yes I've put a set or 2 on.
    More fuel = more boost!!

what kinda price to install a set of these krt. I don't have a spring compressor and would need an alignment afterwards anyway
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

Case of beer per side
    More fuel = more boost!!

that's what I'm talking about

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    I would put the 5100's non adjustable "extended" and a leveling kit.

Yes I've put a set or 2 on.
    This is what I put on my F350 - factory Ranchos were blown so anything would have been an improvement. I also installed a Bilstein steering stabilizer - again, factory was done so anything would have been better. That said, the Bilsteins look cooler than the Ranchos.

Bilsteins on my Jeep and they outperform the ranchos I had previous.

I bought a set for my Tacoma and KRT installed them. On the zero setting they still raised the front to the point that an add a leaf (which I purchased with the 5100's and was installing anyway) and a 1.5" block was necessary to level it.

I didn't mind as my intention was to raise it since the factory wheels scrubbed a little, just thought I put this out there for anyone thinking about putting them on a Tacoma.

I will say though, that the ride is incredible and a 7500lb camper didn't even give a perceptible squat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good deal. Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your handy enough to do it yourself, its not that hard. Get a friend and buy some beer.

If your in Charleston and dont have time to mess with it, palmetto 4x4 (not lowcountry 4x4) has done everything to my truck and i cant say enough about how awesome they are over there.

I have them on my 14 Tacoma set on 1.75. they work great. left the stock bilsteins in the rear

Putting Bilsteins on my POS made a huge difference. We first tried some heavy duty shocks as the front end was hitting bottom but that didn't work. Tried Bilsteins. They helped but it ended up the problem was in the springs. Problem solved with new springs.

But in the course of things, the Bilstiens gave a great ride improvement over the first shocks we tried. We put Bilsteins on the boy's vehicles. I never would have thought it would have made that mush difference. They do not have the leveling variety. They would jack them up too much.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.