Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flounder bill

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Pride View Post
    Exactly- commercial guys are not good stewards. Yet they control the process... Down Eastern NC they'll burn your house or business down if you're outspoken against them.
    That isn't an exaggeration either.

Nc has moved to a 4 fish limit for the rec guys and yet the commercial guys can put out gill nets in a creek and kill reds and trout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i agree w relentlous.

or at least fine people who suck at cleaning a 15-16" fish....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    The legislative process allows for all you "marine biologists" to dazzle us with your opinion at the subcommittee level. Input by DNR, conservation groups, CCA, the HOA, and you are welcome to speak. Ag is a fairly loose committee.
    This is a perfect example as to why we should let DNR (Biologist) make the fish and game laws. Please name me ONE thing that the legislature controls (besides their retirement package) that is not fucked up!

The arrogance that the "peasants" may have an opinion is astounding. IF I remember correctly these same folks you mention above attempted to "Dazzle" y'all for years on the decimation of our Cobia fisheries.........that's went about like the state retirement system.

The retirement package for representatives was drastically changed by the legislature. Basically eliminated.

The house ag committee had public testimony which included DNR. They took DNR's advice. What is it you want in a flounder bill?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwoods View Post
    This is a perfect example as to why we should let DNR (Biologist) make the fish and game laws. Please name me ONE thing that the legislature controls (besides their retirement package) that is not fucked up!

The arrogance that the "peasants" may have an opinion is astounding. IF I remember correctly these same folks you mention above attempted to "Dazzle" y'all for years on the decimation of our Cobia fisheries.........that's went about like the state retirement system.
    BTW, do you believe you have more input with someone you elect or with a government employee?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

neither
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.