Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Jewelry!!!

I think mine was 05 as well. Awesome hunt and congrats. Welcome to the club D. Impressive bird.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    My blackduck and one greenhead are both Revelations 22:7 "Behold I come quickly" and the other greenhead is Mark 11:22 "Have faith in God".
    So you have killed 3 Jack miners?
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.
    Very Appreciated Jab!!

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

I'd be running a close second if that's possible
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Yeah I sit here thinking of the 10 ducks I have killed this season...and yall be posting this crap....yeah I suck...maybe one day one of you pecker heads will get tired of killing awesome ducks and just get rid of the horseshoe.....I'll be glad to buy it off you

Sorry to hijack your post dhall
    When in doubt, shoot him again!

Work like it's all up to me, but pray, like it's all up to him!

I knew this one would sting you the most!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Dhall is supposed to squirrel hunt with us Saturday.

But if you keep giving him compliments like that his head aint gonna fit in my truck
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

http://www.prohuntersjournal.com/article/?a=40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine reads " You still ain't got one yet"

Yours is beyond words for me so I made that stupid chit up.
    Genesis 9;2

I asked The Old Man to see what his verses were earlier. I said "since you only have a paltry 2, it should not take long". He is too much of a gentleman to call me a dick... His are from 84 and 94. Both greenheads.

Congrats Doug
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

I had to come back and take a goodnight-peek before bed. I'm so impressed/excited (can't find the correct adjective) about that duck that it feels like I killed him or something. Same feeling as when you shoot a big buck and he's in the freezer before you take him to the taxidermist....you gotta keep going out and pulling him out and looking at him. If I had a choice between that bird right there...killed anywhere in the USA, let alone in SC...or sticking an arrow through a booner...I'd choose that duck. For all you folks in that rare club, do they send you a certificate with the info AND the Bible verse? If not, I'd be trying to contact them to see if there was any possibility of them making and sending me a flat, exact reproduction band to have Shane mount flush into the wood of the glass box that I KNOW you are going to put him in. Good grief! I'm catching myself coveting...a duck band with a message from God on it! If I kill a goose with a "thou shalt not covet" Miner on it Saturday....����

Just read that article linked above. It appears you will be receiving an incredible certificate to frame beside that mount! Wow!
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 01-20-2017 at 12:52 AM.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Wow. Might as well hang it up
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

I have been at this duck hunting thing for awhile. I have never killed a band that I got to claim. I am beyond jealous. Thanks for sharing yours with us. We'll done.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Doug,

How in the French toast don't you know what a Jack Miner band is?
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Doug,

How in the French toast don't you know what a Jack Miner band is?
    Ha! I'm a very simple person. I've also only been duck hunting truly since the age of 23, and I'm 28 now. Parent's were druggies, so no other influence to hunt other than myself and friends. Wife was the sole person to get me through college and Grad school. So I'm very very sheltered to a lot of the duck hunting history, and I've learned more from folks here on the website, than any where else so that goes for any other sport too. I also only hunt Ninety Six, and one body of water right outside Greenwood county so if you look at my birds I've shot, I'm trying to get them all in this area, like a slam of some sort. Only hunted in the low state once, and that was with Andy Pack. Also Never been out of state, would like to, just don't know any person that does, or wants to.

With so little experience, one would say I'm undeserving, and was actually told that twice yesterday because I only hunt locally. However every bird of significance, other than the first ever big duck (Black) I killed, has been mounted. I truly love the sport, and I'll go and tote decoys in a 70 degree foggy morning half dried up swamp, just to be able to hunt, and I'll hunt to lunch. That's why friends won't go, I get up too early, and stay too long. Not knowing what the band is, my apologies, as I wish I had the knowledge or influence to know before I harvested. I'm learning, and learn a good bit every season that pasts.

http://scducks.com/forum/showthread....e!-(Pic-Heavy)

I assure you guys, the bird will be mounted in the highest regard, and put in the man cave with all my other treasures from recent years.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

I can't stop opening this thread.

I will tell a story to give Mr Hall a little more perspective.

In the mid 80's some land across the river from JAB changed hands, and I was blessed enough to have a grandfather that bought into the club. We had ducks. Mallard ducks and black ducks and all the ducks that hung out with those ducks. We had a lot of ducks, saw a lot of ducks, and killed a lot of ducks. Blacks were fairly common, and banded ducks were somewhat common. I have incredible memories of spending school holidays down there killing ducks and hearing the stories from the older gentlemen down there. It was a treat, and I wish I hadn't taken it so much for granted.

One day when we had gotten a push of ducks, and JAB was kind enough to shoo a couple off of his then growing empire, everyone killed a bunch of ducks. One of those ducks, a greenhead, carried a Jack Miner band. The man who killed it was a great guy, story teller, and someone I looked up to. I had seen banded ducks lay on that long picnic table many times, and I will never forget the reverence with which everyone treated that duck. People came from other clubs to see it. It was such a big deal among men that had lived the prime of the Santee swamp. It was simply a big damn deal to people that don't really make a big deal out of things.

I've never forgotten the buzz that day. It was just so different. I've been fortunate enough to kill a few federally banded ducks. I don't kill near the number of ducks that I used to because I don't hunt ducks nearly as much as I used to. I have always coveted a Jack Miner banded duck, and I pick up every duck I kill with that anticipation. Maybe one day.

That bird is a trophy of trophies.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Since this turned into a brag fest, I killed two jack miners at the same time once.

Dhall if you ever need someone to go, and you're not weird, I ain't far.

Should have sent the to SHANE!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!