Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clemson v OSU thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Why? It's either a plane ride home on the 1st to watch the CG or practice to get ready for it.

Chicken fans seem to think if Clemson loses a player, they'll be right where the chickens are. Clemson has more 4-5* QB's than Sakkerliner has 4* players in general. Watson going pro will leave a void for a short time but the program won't fall apart. Besides, he hasn't actually declared for the draft yet.
    Again, another Clemson fan putting words in other people's mouths. I, nor anyone on here said you'd fall as far as we did. I would suspect a 8-4 or 7-5 season is right around the corner though. You could easily go 7-5 in the ACC (either division) with the team we fielded this year. Clemson and FSU are the only teams with a respectable homefield advantage.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyTrax View Post
    Nah. We only had a couple down years then urban left after 2 titles. Then it went to shit.
    Post Urban, you've gone the same route as USC has. Good coaching and good recruiting can keep you established for extended periods. It is a matter of how long you can maintain that good coaching and recruiting.
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

Yawn.
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

In some ways though, the fall back to 7-5 will harder than our fall last year. Ours was foreseeable for a year and a half. Like a slow motion train wreck.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    Post Urban, you've gone the same route as USC has. Good coaching and good recruiting can keep you established for extended periods. It is a matter of how long you can maintain that good coaching and recruiting.

Yep. Point is, clemson should enjoy while it lasts. Cause it won't last long.

Clemson will probably drop to a 9-3 10-2 season next year which, would be understandable with the amount of experience leaving for the NFL. I don't think any rational Clemson fan thinks they'll make a playoff run next year. If they did, that would astounding and a testament to recruiting and player development. Dabo's done a helluva job and as long as he keeps his coaching staff and recruiting at the level it is now, they'll be in or close to a top 10 team.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I would rather have a chance than not even be an afterthought . Go buy a bama hat and keep looking like idiots . Nobody stays on top forever..thats the beauty of college football. Most of these dick eaters on here dont know shit about football or duck hunting . Most are pretty good guys until it comes to college football .

South Carolina would not have been 7-5 in the acc.

Yep. Point is, clemson should enjoy while it lasts. Cause it won't last long.
    YEP

If Watson leaves you will drop off a lot further than you think. You won't replace his talent with the red shirted 4-5 star QB or that girl that just committed for 2018.

I hear more talk of Clemson's future regression than USuC's progression. I do believe that's all you mouth breathers have because the future is less than bleak and you know it.
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

She looks like a dude

And Venables will be gone in the next year.

QB is su freaking hard to play these days . Its impossible to find a cant miss ! That being said...I would rather have 4 and 5 star guys to choose from. Eason with UGA is a bad ass .He played like shit a bunch and made dumb mistakes . Tahj had all the tools but had a panic button. As good as Watson has been....once again..dumb throws ! You factor in ego and age.....And BTW..that girl is gonna beat USC like a rented mule !

Where to? He's said he's not interested in a HC position and his son will be a Tiger soon. He's not going anywhere in the next few years.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Dont you think there will be some great DC standing in line ? Not sure but some guys dont want to be a head coach .

"I really believe that my job is better than a majority of head coaching jobs that are out there ...," Venables said during the College Football Playoff. "There are not many places where you can have it all. I believe that I have been at a few places I have had it all, and I don't want to let it go." ~ Brent Venables

and his 4* son just committed to Clemson

I know all of that can change, but I truly think he loves what he does and where he does it.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelyeller View Post
    Dont you think there will be some great DC standing in line ? Not sure but some guys dont want to be a head coach .
    Anything is possible. Good thing is there are plenty of good coordinators. So it's not the end of the clemson world if he left.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    "I really believe that my job is better than a majority of head coaching jobs that are out there ...," Venables said during the College Football Playoff. "There are not many places where you can have it all. I believe that I have been at a few places I have had it all, and I don't want to let it go." ~ Brent Venables

and his 4* son just committed to Clemson

I know all of that can change, but I truly think he loves what he does and where he does it.
    Good story. Didn't kno .

Things are never as bad or as good as they seem .