Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Blalock WMA

Default Lake Blalock WMA

Does this WMA require a boat to hunt or can it be accessed by walk-in? I have tried to call the dnr for the area and I have searched google but there is very little information about this place anywhere. Any information about this area will help.

Thanks

You have to apply for a special permit to hunt it. You've already missed the deadline for this season. But if you call 1-800-3825-968 I'm sure they can help you.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

A boat is required.

You have to launch from the one and only public ramp and check back in at the ramp after hunting. The WMA area is at the headwaters to the lake which is about 2-3 mile boat ride from the ramp. The lake has a 30HP or less restriction and the boat has to have a "Blalock" sticker (around $50).

You could put the smackdown on some geese in there during the early season. It looks "ducky" from a map, but it's not a very productive spot. No grass, no food, no flood controls. I'm sure a handful of woodies will buzz through there at daylight, but it's not worth getting a sticker, the slow boat ride, and a guarantee of getting the sniff down from BoBo (local green jeans)
    Last edited by BrandonWagner; 12-20-2016 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonWagner View Post
    A boat is required.

You have to launch from the one and only public ramp and check back in at the ramp after hunting. The WMA area is at the headwaters to the lake which is about 2-3 mile boat ride from the ramp. The lake has a 30HP or less restriction and the boat has to have a "Blalock" sticker (around $50).

You could smack some geese in there during the early season. It looks "ducky" from a map, but it's not a very productive spot. I'm sure a handful of woodies will buzz through there at daylight.
    I appreciate it

ill be up that way in a week or so, I'll throw some corn off the end of my mom's dock for you.

If your hunting is limited to Upstate WMA walk-ins, you have 2 popular WMAs around Winnsboro, a flooded field/"dove shoot" in Clinton, a flooded field/"dove shoot" in Union, a popular WMA in Newberry County, or you can walk around the SNF and look for a swamp that still has water...
    Dude... Delete this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Awwww snap!
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by reezen44 View Post
    Dude... Delete this.

You realize you quoted it, so now even if he deletes it, we will still be able to see it.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Man Dis Crazy! Oh my God dis Crazy!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

It still amazes me what some people put on the innerweb.
    Molon Labe
    HRCH Coal's Sparkleberry Cache MH

I had a great hunt there Monday
    Windows Down!

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    You realize you quoted it, so now even if he deletes it, we will still be able to see it.
    Shit

"I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

:facepalm:

If you think anything I shared would hurt your chances at killing ducks, then you really really stink at killing ducks.

If you think anything I shared would hurt your chances at killing ducks, then you really really stink at killing ducks.
    No bud... I just happen to enjoy hunting a few of these walk in spots. What I don't enjoy is people discussing them on the interweb so that the plethora of sky busting Clemson frat boys that belong to this site are spoon fed this info.

A boat is required.

You could put the smackdown on some geese in there during the early season. It looks "ducky" from a map, but it's not a very productive spot. I'm sure a handful of woodies will buzz through there at daylight, but it's not worth getting a sticker, the slow boat ride, and a guarantee of getting the sniff down from BoBo (local green jeans)
    Or the 50 rubber heads setup in top of you...

Relax, ladies. Seriously.

Deleted for reezen. I was a walk-in hunter in my high school/college days, so I must have empathy for them.
    Last edited by BrandonWagner; 12-20-2016 at 07:56 PM.

Deleted for reezen. I was a walk-in hunter in my high school/college days, so I must have empathy for them.
    Ha! Thanks man