Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever have to use "what'cha tote-n"?

Default Ever have to use "what'cha tote-n"?

"what'cha tot-n" thread got me wondering. Have any of you had to use (or thought about using) carry gun?

Nope and pray I never have to.

Seems like the idea of concealled carry is more of a deterrent than actual protection. I think that is very good, and bet most people agree with you and never want to have to use.

Kind of. Not on US soil but I have used a side arm
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Twice.

Never had to pull the trigger thank the sweet lord.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Yes
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I have used both a revolver and a shotgun - neither required the trigger pull to stop the threat but I was prepared to- the offending parties were very surprised each time and got the hell outta Dodge.

The first was a road rage incident and the driver pulled a pistol on me and my son in traffic( he was driving very erratic and thought I had cut him off )- the 870 aimed at his face from close range convinced him to flee through traffic driving the wrong way.

The other was 5 hood rats in a wal mart parking lot in broad daylight, the stainless 357 must have looked awfully big up close because they ran like hell. They did not get what they wanted.

Both were truck guns. I have moved my carry gun from my holster to my coat pocket discreetly a couple of time also- each time at gas stations due to car loads of hood rats acting out.

yes - and I recovered my stolen property. Didn't shoot anyone but when the cops arrived the round ring on his temple was still visible from the end of pistol barrel being pressed against it for 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by millero View Post
    Nope and pray I never have to.
    Same here, although like Bad Habit I've 'pre-positioned a time or two.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Yes no shots fired he left in cuffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

two years ago, I was in a convenient store at about 2am in Ballantine and two democrats came in, flipped their hoodies up over
    their heads as they came thru the front door and wouldn't make eye contact with anyone. I knew it was about to go down when I saw the car outside had a driver that had let them out and then pulled to the side of the building. I had a Kimber 45 in my waist and pulled in, cocked it and went to the rear of the store all discrete like and stood behind an aisle and they both looked up at me and I stared at them with an evil grin and they left without incident. I have no doubt they were going to rob the clerk and got back in the car and said, "did you see that crazy old bastard back there".
    Last edited by ecu1984; 12-20-2016 at 10:41 AM.

good job at the C store- it's 1 reason I carry- I will not be a victim

One of my favorite posts on here was when Nitro put up a picture of a native facedown inside his house with a revolver pointed at him.

I've never had to pull mine on anything other than a roadside deer luckily. Carrying makes me a lot more aware and avoid places and situations where I'd have to use it.

It was a Sig P 220 - full of 230 grain HydraShoks. Inside my daughter's apartment. He is in prison til 2030.

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    One of my favorite posts on here was when Nitro put up a picture of a native facedown inside his house with a revolver pointed at him.

I've never had to pull mine on anything other than a roadside deer luckily. Carrying makes me a lot more aware and avoid places and situations where I'd have to use it.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

My mistake. Shame he's ever getting out.

The only time I ever felt the need to keep my hand on the handle was when I met Big Brother and Media guy for a trading post transaction one time. They were kind of sketchy
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Had a home invasion one time while living downtown Charleston in school and had to pull a gun. Still remember when the door was kicked in and looking down the sights. Thankfully the individual turned and ran right to the responding officers outside.

Almost.

I was at the Barnyard Flea Market years ago and a huge pitt charged a toddler. I was about midway into my draw when the chain around the neck pulled taught and yanked that POS dog back with a yelp. I had honestly thought I was about to ventilate that animal with my G23 that was carried SOB.

Nitro -- good job. Don't recall ever seeing that thread.

Had a number of breakins in the neighborhood a few years ago. Had a neighbor kid in my backyard one night about midnight looking for his dog, but I didn't know it at the time. I drew a sawed off 12 gauge on him. Shoulda killed the bastard as he raped his down syndrome brother a few years later. Another time some guys were going around beating on doors and if someone came to the door they would make up some story about looking for someone etc and if no one came to the door they broke in. Came back from duck hunting one morning and saw two hooded guys beating on my neighbor down the streets door. About the time I got inside good they were in my yard. I met them on the porch with same 12 gauge. They went to stuttering and saying they were asking people if they needed leaves raked. They didn't argue when I told them I was good

Ive had plenty of times ive repositioned or had my hand on my cwp when things just didn't seem right. Never had to pull it.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Almost.

I was at the Barnyard Flea Market years ago and a huge pitt charged a toddler. I was about midway into my draw when the chain around the neck pulled taught and yanked that POS dog back with a yelp. I had honestly thought I was about to ventilate that animal with my G23 that was carried SOB.

Nitro -- good job. Don't recall ever seeing that thread.
    Good grief USMCbarginshopper...you almost shot a dog at the flea market? That reminds me of the time I was in the Home Depot parking lot and noticed a blue jay about to dive bomb an elderly woman in the blue hairs...it only took one round from my G27 to help change its mind...the elderly woman was out of the hospital in less than a week and I haven't see that blue jay since.