Thread: Couple Hunts this Weekend

Default Couple Hunts this Weekend

My father in law has a beaver pond on the back of one of his properties that I decided to give a go this weekend. Kind of got back into duck hunting after some shoots last year over flooded field/timber from the floods. My buddy YoungbuckTX has been peer pressuring me to go with him as well.

Yesterday was the first time I ever stepped in the swamp so it was a bit of a scout hunt. Birds were flying well down the swamp. They were in smaller groups. Had to move a couple times to get where they were flying in front of me. Finally got lucky and had a pair of mallards fly low in front of me and I hit a hen, knocked her down but had to finish her with a second shot. The Blindside 5s were rough on her so I was limited on the photo opportunities, expected more wood ducks or teal.

Went back this morning and they flew earlier and in bigger groups. Got where the birds came yesterday. Was fortunate to take 2 hens and a drake before it was time to leave to make church. The 3s were a little easier on them.

Packs, hickory top, and the impoundments on the lake had a bunch of shooting all morning Saturday. Heard a little toward packs this morning but nothing like yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

Good killin!

good work man. I think you'll find ducks to be just as consuming as turkeys here soon

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    good work man. I think you'll find ducks to be just as consuming as turkeys here soon
    Been keeping up with you and Alex, through social media. Y'all fellas are living it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr