Thread: Hook & Gaff Watches

Default Hook & Gaff Watches

What's their story and are they worth the money? Can you see them at night?
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Michael Sims played golf at Clemson and lives in Irmo. He is the owner and I think started the company. My wife got me one for my birthday and I really like it so far. I haven't worn a watch in 10+ years, so I can't really compare it to others.

I can see it perfectly fine at night, and I do like the band/way it fits. The adjustment knob is on the other side than a normal watch, so it doesn't dig into your hand. At the end of the day, its a watch. I bought it from a Clemson guy that is trying to run a successful business, which I am happy about. My wife thinks its sexy, and that makes me happy.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Rubber strap or woven?
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Rubber from what I have seen. They are actually scented straps.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Michael Sims played golf at Clemson and lives in Irmo. He is the owner and I think started the company. My wife got me one for my birthday and I really like it so far. I haven't worn a watch in 10+ years, so I can't really compare it to others.

I can see it perfectly fine at night, and I do like the band/way it fits. The adjustment knob is on the other side than a normal watch, so it doesn't dig into your hand. At the end of the day, its a watch. I bought it from a Clemson guy that is trying to run a successful business, which I am happy about. My wife thinks its sexy, and that makes me happy.
    This. Great watches and company.

Fuck Clemson. Good watches
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

I have rubber, but it's orange. I'll probably get a dark colored woven one for turkey season. I don't want a turkey thinking I'm flagging tape and that GBelly is about to cut down his roost tree
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

I can't wait to see the new 6:04 model.

PM sent.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post

He actually lives in Lexington and his wife owns the ChickFila in West Columbia and Lexington at I-20. His parents sit two rows in front of me during football games. He is good people and comes from a good family.
    "...But this is football. This ain't tennis..." --CJ Spiller; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxkNT9IxEu8

Was actually talking about the watches today. Wanting to pull the string on one but haven't heard any reviews on it. May just have to go ahead and do it. Think I would want the woven strap.

Edit: trkykilr what model do you have, if you know? The sportfisher II mp, I believe, has the mode where it shows the moon phase which is pretty neat and is the one I have my eyes on.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 11-29-2016 at 03:07 PM.

They are damn good watches. My tag is also a damn good watch that doesn't smell like cat shit:
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Was actually talking about the watches today. Wanting to pull the string on one but haven't heard any reviews on it. May just have to go ahead and do it. Think I would want the woven strap.

Edit: trkykilr what model do you have, if you know? The sportfisher II mp, I believe, has the mode where it shows the moon phase which is pretty neat and is the one I have my eyes on.
    I have the sportfisher. No moon phase on mine

What makes them "luxury"? I've looked at them a few times and just don't see what about it that warrants the price tag. The look like the old school fossil watches with the sun and moon dial.

look at MVMT too if you're in that market. clean design, reasonable price tag
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

They are a very cool looking watch. I like the bands. He was selling them at SEWE the last few years.

I was looking at getting one for my Dad for Christmas, but I don't think I can justify the price tag. They look great but I would like to know more about whats under the face.

The crown is uniquely placed on the left side of the watch face to avoid irritation during active angling situations.
    If you are left handed, which I am,this is a standard feature with all watches.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.