Thread: "Veterans Honor"

"Veterans honor" rose. This one opened yesterday. Couldn't have picked a better day.
    TEAM CODY!<br />\"No intelligent man can live in the great outdoors without being compelled to believe that there is an overrulling power.\"<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.boykinrescue.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.boykinrescue.org</a>

Nice pic! What lens did you use?

I'm guessing a Nikon D50 with a Nikkor AF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 lens, shot at 1/125 of a second in Macro mode.

www.opanda.com

Download the 2.26 IExif but decline the trial "Pro" version. After installing right-click and you can get the EXIF data off of most web or hard drive photos.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Rubberhead, right on the camera and most of the lense. It was a 70-300 but it was a sigma not a nikon. I prefer the nikons but the sigma was a gift from a friend and actually not a bad piece of glass.
    TEAM CODY!<br />\"No intelligent man can live in the great outdoors without being compelled to believe that there is an overrulling power.\"<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.boykinrescue.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.boykinrescue.org</a>

ACC/Boykin,
    It's a great shot. I really like the bokeh of the Sigma.

I was always a Nikon guy but switched to Canon when I bought my first DSLR since everybody I knew that was a serious amateur shot Canon plus, a good friend has a $25,000 collection of Canon "L" glass and he is always bringing me a lens to "try". I haven't been disappointed with Canon but there are times I wish I would have stayed faithful to Nikon since, all things being equal, I think the Nikon DSLRs take slightly better photos.

The only "L" lens I own in a 70-200mm F/4L with IS. The IS is fantastic. I can shoot down to 1/13s even at 200mm where I used to have to keep it above 1/250s. Of all the lenses my buddy has let me use, the 400mm F/5.6L prime takes the best bird photos, but it is rather slow.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I know what your saying about the canon, seems like most everyone is using them but I am a little partial to the nikon glass.
    The 70-300 sigma is a little heavy, slow as well and at full length a tripod is a must. I have a nikon 200mm that is lighter, a little quicker but can't get quite the distance.

In a perfect world they would make a canon EOS 1ds that had a Mamiya medium format lens mount! Or maybe I could save for years and buy a 35 megapixel digital back for my Mamiya AFD. Oh well....for now it's L glass on a 20D.