Thread: Ducks @ 2500 feet

FWIW- I was out scouting likely Grousing areas today (NO HUNTING ON SUNDAY ), in a place around the Meadow River Wetland area in West Virginia. We saw the ducks sitting on a slough just 250' from the road and tried to sneak up on em' for a pics. We identified 2 blacks and the rest are mallets. We didn't pull off the truck sneak maneuver, as they are all airborne and obviously didn't like being crept up on. I sent them all to South Carolina's Piedmont!! Sorry about the size, but you can hardly see shit as it is without shrinking the pics. Later..

At least I'm housebroken.

screw the ducks... did you find any drummers?

Nitz.

Keep looking for them grouse...I gots me a new to me Parker that needs some grouse to get up in front of it! Don;t forget you have open invite to wack some birds in the Old Dominion.
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

THis where we were looking for the brown bombers today:

Moatsy: We didn't find them, but we found real nice clear cuts at about 3200 ft. with lotsa grapes and autumn olives. THis snow hit just last night, so we're hoping it'll warm up. Temps stayed around 34 F at this altitude but at the bottom it was about 45 F. Confidence is high! Repeat, Confidence is high!

BoonD: Look forward to it. We'll have to swap a p'atridge hunt, and some story. Keep me posted to yer whereabouts. Can you hunt on Sunday in OD? I kind of doubt it, but ya never know!!
    At least I'm housebroken.

Dem Blue Laws are alive and well in the Old Dominion - hence, our deceptively long hunting seasons. I'm in SC visiting family for a day or two more and then headed north again. Hopefully, there will be some new birds to greet my return to the Potomac or at least a few resident duck with a death wish. At least my blind partner told me there were plenty of swans hanging out on the creek along with a ton of geese. Can't wait for Jan when we can wack 5 of those Canadas a day.
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"