Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mossy Oak Youtube Series - GA BUCKS

Those boys have been getting beat up pretty bad over on the GON forum. Not saying they do or don't deserve it, but its pretty interesting what has come to light since the series started.

Whatever the case may be....I know if I was in that position you'd never see a picture of what I killed and damn sure wouldn't see a mini series. You start talking and people start listening. You lose permission, lose the lease, all because you want some recognition. The hell with that.

First rule of fight club, you don't talk about fight club.

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Funny you should say that. GutPile, what was the name of the guy that was feeding the deer from his hand?

I haven't been on that forum in a while, but the last time I was there was a guy that kept updating pictures of the bucks in his back yard. He was feeding them from a bowl on his back porch and kept getting them closer and closer until he had them eating from his hand. He had some big bucks too. I just couldn't get over the fact that a hunter thought this was a good idea and that a hunting forum was full of people telling him how cool it was. He was doing those animals a huge disservice.
    Guys name is Ernie, he lives down in Savannah. Golf course deer that he feeds every year. Still has a thread that has been going on for years.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

I assumed it was Atlanta. But regardless I don't see any good coming from teaching an animal that size to approach humans for food.

Back to Atlanta, here is a pic of the buck I mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post

I thought the same thing. Giving him an awkward double chin look with his head like that. I'm sure they took 1000 pics of this deer and that is the one they chose?

You know how hard it probably was to find a lawn that hadn't been freshly cut and to angle the camera so that you can't see a house?

Funny you should say that. GutPile, what was the name of the guy that was feeding the deer from his hand?

I haven't been on that forum in a while, but the last time I was there was a guy that kept updating pictures of the bucks in his back yard. He was feeding them from a bowl on his back porch and kept getting them closer and closer until he had them eating from his hand. He had some big bucks too. I just couldn't get over the fact that a hunter thought this was a good idea and that a hunting forum was full of people telling him how cool it was. He was doing those animals a huge disservice.
    Yep, i have seen first hand how dangerous a fully matured buck is this time of year is if he isnt afraid of people. My buddy caught a buck fawn after his mom was killed in the road and kept it, built a fence for it, and has raised it. He is 5.5 this year with an awesome set of horns. Even at 5.5 wheh he sheds his horns or even in velvet he is as calm as can be you can get in the pen with him and he'll lick you and eat apples or whatever from your hand. Right now with his hard horns if you get close to his pen hes snort wheezin, makin scrapes and fighting the fence to try to fight you. You take an apple to him and he'll quit long enought to realize you have an apple, eat it, then commence to trying to kill you again. If he ever got out he would kill someone or try.
    Last edited by SCswampCAT; 10-27-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    No need for cyber scouting. Rubberheads everywhere will be bugging these folks that live in wooded neighborhoods ad nauseam after this series.
    Say huh? I aint picking up what you putting down

Agreed on broadcasting, but I think the cat has been out of the bag for a while. When Jay killed that deer and the state record came out of Fulton, it was on. I don't know him, but followed the story and he always seemed to be a stand up and straight forward guy. And it was an incredible buck.
    Alot of folks know about ATL, but IMO it was a small pool, esp when compared to the publicity Mossy Oak will generate

Jay is a good guy, I like him. They have a friend thats in the real estate game down there, and I think he gets most of the leads and then they go from there. He had some for lease one year.
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

My favorite suburban hunting is the stuff Glenn or Tater posted a picture of years back. A truck bed with 5-6 deer with arra wounds in them including one or two spotted ones. Eradication.

I really hope Nomad has not really sponsored these guys??.. Come on Hart, draw the line for us lol.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    My favorite suburban hunting is the stuff Glenn or Tater posted a picture of years back. A truck bed with 5-6 deer with arra wounds in them including one or two spotted ones. Eradication.
    I think it was Glenn after a hunt with us in the Lowcountry. I'm headed in the gate in an hour.

And I bet not a one of y'all,,, would set up on a group of mallards and black ducks in a neighborhood pond. Saying it was legal, and you obtained permission of course.

Quote Originally Posted by CYPRESNEAK View Post
    And I bet not a one of y'all,,, would set up on a group of mallards and black ducks in a neighborhood pond. Saying it was legal, and you obtained permission of course.
    I would mash them and post pictures on SCducks
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Quit hating on GA boys , cause the only thing that will come close is shot behind a fence. Fair chase or pen raised.

As long as it's legal I could care less
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    As long as it's legal I could care less

So you saying you could sleep at night if you shot a deer in a 400 acre pen at the gate waiting for feed? It's about hunting ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by Timsmith View Post
    So you saying you could sleep at night if you shot a deer in a 400 acre pen at the gate waiting for feed? It's about hunting ethics.
    I'd sleep like a baby, it's only a deer. I wouldn't feel any accomplishment from it, but I can guarantee it wouldn't mess with my sleeping habits.

Tim, aren't you supposed to be bulldozing all your pine trees?

Tim, aren't you supposed to be bulldozing all your pine trees?

I will start this weekend, then I'll start on the 12' fence with 10 strands of electric fence wire. Then I'll capture some does and import a big buck from Iowa. Two years from now some idiot will pay me big money to sit in his truck and shoot him.

Ha. The Ol feed truck blind. Screw Iowa. See if these boys can shoot one of those Atl bucks with a dart gun and sell him to you. They gonna be in the guide service by the end of this series anyway. Peachtree Outfitters.

Quote Originally Posted by CYPRESNEAK View Post
    Absolutely and I'd be trying to kill the hell out of them monster bucks just like these fellas. I just wouldn't broadcast it to the world.

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=881729

Just damn... More ego than intelligence with these dudes. Simple as that. All their nut hugger buddies coming out to defend what great " hunters" they are . Wow.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.