Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossy Oak Youtube Series - GA BUCKS

I know what I'll be watching at lunch tomorrow.

Default Mossy Oak Youtube Series - GA BUCKS

This episode did it in for me. This episode shows how tame these deer are and sneaking around someone's retaining wall to get a shot at a buck is just stupid to me. Like shooting a dog over his food bowl. No thanks
    Last edited by Gut_Pile; 10-26-2016 at 08:27 PM.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    I know what I'll be watching at lunch tomorrow.

It's only 6 minutes long

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    This episode did it in for me. This episode shows how tame these deer are and sneaking around someone's retaining wall to get a shot at a buck is just stupid to me. Like shooting a dog over his food bowl. No thanks
    Yeah it's pretty crazy that they are spotting a deer from the road. Knocking on the door to get permission from the landowner. Calling his friend to meet them over there and then trying to stalk the deer. All in the same afternoon.

I know you were on GON when the first state record came out of Fulton county. The story on that one was that someone had spotted the deer, called him and and he drove over there and killed it. That story always seemed strange to me. This put it a little more in perspective.

Yep. My original thought of these guys has changed so much the past few weeks. Drew, the main guy in these videos, has been caught trespassing and killing deer over bait twice over the past few years. And after talking to some people in the know "Charlie" wasn't killed on property he had permission on, not recovered there.

Of course, with big deer, stories always evolve into something they usually aren't. I just can't get over shooting deer in someone's back yard or by their driveway after the run across the street from the neighbors flower patch.

I heard they got lost and had to be choppered out when they got the mailbox numbers confused.
    Genesis 9;2

Well you've got me hooked on it now. Keep the episodes coming.

Night vision and a supressed rifle is taking out a fair number of these Urban giants in Atlanta..

It's stupid how big some of the deer are. Most aren't scored or shown off either. These two guys are going to end up getting some publicity they won't enjoy.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I worked for Timken through College. One of the truck drivers from Atlanta killed numerous deer over 140" in the Suburbs of Atlanta. He had a photo album of them. This was back in the Late 90s.

foreshadowing

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Yeah it's pretty crazy that they are spotting a deer from the road. Knocking on the door to get permission from the landowner. Calling his friend to meet them over there and then trying to stalk the deer. All in the same afternoon.

I know you were on GON when the first state record came out of Fulton county. The story on that one was that someone had spotted the deer, called him and and he drove over there and killed it. That story always seemed strange to me. This put it a little more in perspective.

I know Jay Maxwell personally (guy that killed the state record you mention)

According to him its SUPER hard to gain permission, but if you do then you re golden.

I cant imagine this is a good move on their part, can you imagine how many more people will be knocking on doors? Heck I am thinking about stopping in on my way west and ask some folks.

No way I would broadcast it on the WWW
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post

According to him its SUPER hard to gain permission, but if you do then you re golden.

I cant imagine this is a good move on their part, can you imagine how many more people will be knocking on doors? Heck I am thinking about stopping in on my way west and ask some folks.

No need for cyber scouting. Rubberheads everywhere will be bugging these folks that live in wooded neighborhoods ad nauseam after this series.
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

Yeah I'd say these guys have totally screwed themseves if they had any intentions of continuing to hunt these bucks in that area. Maybe they are bored and moving on now. I have no clue. This broadcasting will put an end to It for them though I'd bet. Stupid move in my opinion.

First two episodes I enjoyed, but that last one kinda sucked and painted the tactics in a different light.

Quote Originally Posted by Gut_Pile View Post
    foreshadowing

Its a shame he made that deer look that ugly for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by quack head 11 View Post

Agreed on broadcasting, but I think the cat has been out of the bag for a while. When Jay killed that deer and the state record came out of Fulton, it was on. I don't know him, but followed the story and he always seemed to be a stand up and straight forward guy. And it was an incredible buck.

But like Nitro mentioned, hunters in Fulton County are starting to figure out its best to keep some things quiet, just like the hunters in south GA figured out when lease prices started shooting up.

I can't see anything good coming from the series. I've mentioned that I shot a big deer in the suburbs when I lived there and it was amazing how the neighbors lost their mind over "their" deer. I also have a friend that wasn't allowed to hunt on his grandmothers land after she passed away. Told he wasn't allowed to hunt by the lawyer that was in charge of the trust, but the lawyer's friend was allowed to hunt. People do crazy things over a deer. And its amplified in the city.

My thoughts exactly. Circling around the neighborhood in your truck to find a bedded buck and then sneaking around the retaining wall of the house to film him standing in someone's driveway really showed to me the type of deer they are killing. Really explains how Lee has killed 8 bucks over 140" the past 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post

I thought the same thing. Giving him an awkward double chin look with his head like that. I'm sure they took 1000 pics of this deer and that is the one they chose?

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    You know how hard it probably was to find a lawn that hadn't been freshly cut and to angle the camera so that you can't see a house?

But yes they sucked everyone in the first episode showing charlie and all that. It actually looked like charlie lived in a 10 or so acre track of woods not surrounded by much and now they are hunting on back porch decks and crap. Yeah the last episode was kind of bleh. That deer never knew any ammount of pressure. He didnt booger at the smell of human scent. I would be more impressed if they showed a series on how to finally get that deer to eat an apple out of his hand.

Funny you should say that. GutPile, what was the name of the guy that was feeding the deer from his hand?

I haven't been on that forum in a while, but the last time I was there was a guy that kept updating pictures of the bucks in his back yard. He was feeding them from a bowl on his back porch and kept getting them closer and closer until he had them eating from his hand. He had some big bucks too. I just couldn't get over the fact that a hunter thought this was a good idea and that a hunting forum was full of people telling him how cool it was. He was doing those animals a huge disservice.