Thread: Block-off plate for Yamaha oil injection pump

Default Block-off plate for Yamaha oil injection pump

I can't seem to find a part number for the block-off plate I need to complete my oil injection delete. I have a 40TLRX. I thought to look at the parts list for similar-year three cylinder C40 motors, but I can't seem to find the part listed on any diagrams. I might end up fabricating one if they're expensive.

By the way, what do I need to do to keep the "alarm" happy? I could pull my multimeter out and figure it out, but I figured one of y'all has reasoned through this already.

You will have to make a block off plate for yourself, the c40 doesn't use a block off plate cause they don't machine a hole where oil injection goes. If you don't want to do that you can pull the pump and remove the inside bushing and gear and then put the pump back on. Nothing will be driving it and it will seal off your crankcase.

Oil wire will be green w/ red stripe

Interesting. The diagrams I've seen for the C40 show the bulkhead for the pump in the same location, but don't list any P/Ns for a plate.

Do you short the wire or open it?

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    Interesting. The diagrams I've seen for the C40 show the bulkhead for the pump in the same location, but don't list any P/Ns for a plate.

Both powerheads are the same casting it's just that the oil injection powerheads are machined in that "bulkhead" where as the commercial motors were left alone.

The c40 just has a boss there? That makes sense.

Anyways, I just capped everything off with vacuum caps after I removed the gear.

I unplugged all the wiring for the tank. Do I need to do anything additional to keep the alarm (or lack thereof) triggering?

Sounds like you got it

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    The c40 just has a boss there? That makes sense.

Anyways, I just capped everything off with vacuum caps after I removed the gear.

I unplugged all the wiring for the tank. Do I need to do anything additional to keep the alarm (or lack thereof) triggering?
    You should have a temp sensor on the block that will trigger the alarm. So you don't want to mess with the alarm beyond what you've done. With the low oil sensor out of the picture that should be it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Played around with some stuff last night. The green wire is short when the oil float is in the full position and open when empty. The green/red wire reads about 12 ohm no matter the position of the float. Grounding the green wire definitely makes the system think the tank is full, producing a green light. Leaving it open produces a red light. I have a little more testing I want to do before I'm happy with it,, but I thought I'd add this to the knowledge base. For such a common modification, you'd think there would be more discussion online.

Bumping this back up. Thinking about disabeling the oil injection off my 2004 Yamaha 50hp and running mixed gas moving forward. I have owned the motor since new and never had an issue with it until this year.

I was getting a tremendous amount of raw oil in my exhaust. Basically an oil slick around the foot when idling and an ass of raw oil dripping out of the foot when parked on the trailer.

Started trouble shooting and realized while the oil injection system is still functioning, it is basically emptying the oil tank in the lowest cylinder. Pulled the plug from the lowest cylinder and raw oil poured out.

Has anyone ever heard of this happening?

Nope, but you checked the hoses that shoot the oil in with the gas?

Or you could just follow what the OP did and delete it and be done.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Yessir. Checked the lines and check valves, etc. it was weird. It was almost like it was gravity feeding into that one carb/cylinder the same way a syphon would work. Maybe it was just a fluke may not?

I think I’m gonna delete and be done with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's your best route.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]