Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kioti tractors??

Kicking tires on a tractor , right now I have access to a good friends old Ford that we use to bushhog and plow/plant with but itching for something that I can use more frequently.

Also a bucket would be nice around this small farm (daughter/SIL place )

this will not be a heavy use tractor and have a barn to keep it inside .

Like to have 35-40 hp

We have a local dealer here in Anderson, STEC and SIL actually worked their back when he was in HS and early college years . He said they sold a lot of them and never seemed to have to do many repairs other than typical service work

Couple clients have them, more or less “gentlemen’s farms” and love them

Looking at new as well as a used older model tractor as well

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Kicking tires on a tractor , right now I have access to a good friends old Ford that we use to bushhog and plow/plant with but itching for something that I can use more frequently.

Also a bucket would be nice around this small farm (daughter/SIL place )

this will not be a heavy use tractor and have a barn to keep it inside .

Like to have 35-40 hp

We have a local dealer here in Anderson, STEC and SIL actually worked their back when he was in HS and early college years . He said they sold a lot of them and never seemed to have to do many repairs other than typical service work

Couple clients have them, more or less “gentlemen’s farms” and love them

Looking at new as well as a used older model tractor as well
    Try to find a JD 5055e or something like it off of a peach farm. They lease them for a year and then hand them back in. Our smaller tractor is a 5075e Peach lease tractor and its damn near new. Had very little issues so far. I wouldnt buy anything that wasnt green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

There’s a reason Kubota has over 50% market share in the compact tractor market. You couldn’t give me a green tractor over a orange one.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

One of the most feminine things ever designed was the hydrostatic option on those orange things. I think they designed Kubotas just so you can hear them queef when you mash that pedal.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    One of the most feminine things ever designed was the hydrostatic option on those orange things. I think they designed Kubotas just so you can hear them queef when you mash that pedal.
    Yeah, but they sure are nice when you are doing FEL/Grapple work or if you have any terrain to deal with (not all flat land). For a straight farm tractor, I'd say nothing but gears. For an all around/hobby tractor (which honestly is probably what most folks on here actually use it for), then HST is actually a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSportsman View Post
    Yeah, but they sure are nice when you are doing FEL/Grapple work or if you have any terrain to deal with (not all flat land). For a straight farm tractor, I'd say nothing but gears. For an all around/hobby tractor (which honestly is probably what most folks on here actually use it for), then HST is actually a good option.

Never used a tractor with HST

Pros and cons. Most of the work will be bushhogging and plowing however if I buy new I would get a FEL/Grapple

Heard cons for pulling plows with HST but no real world experience on my part.

Update. I have had my Kioti for almost 4 years now and have not regretted it a bit. Great little tractor for bush hogging, plowing/planting, raking hay, and feeding cows. We use is more than our 120hp new holland. It is just a easy and comfortable tractor to run. No major problems. Belt replacement and new battery this year. When and if this one dies, I will get another.

Also, mine is a shuttle shift, Not a HST. I like a shuttle shift on a farm tractor. Nothing against HST, I just preferred it.

I bought a used TYM 63 hp, 4 years old, 400 hrs, shuttle shift 12 speed, heavy duty loader, draft control, 2 sets rear remotes, roof, adjustable 3 point hitch so all you gotta do is get close, unlock it, hook up and go to work, 4x4 with locking differentials, split brakes, creep gear, Perkins diesel with NO EMISSIONS CRAP, with a bush hog for under 12K.

I own Kubota excavators, have driven JD farm tractors, old Fords, MF'ers, etc. There is no such thing as an American made tractor anymore. Buy what you like and what suites your budget.
    My father in law farmed all his life and bled green, he said if he was buying a mid sized today, it wouldn't be JD, it would be orange.

I really like the Kubotas I have used, just can't understand why their loaders are so weak.

All Im sayin

Few added since then.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3