Thread: "Mallards" are getting noisy

Default "Mallards" are getting noisy

The mallards that summer on the 7-acre pond behind my office have gotten vocal all of the sudden. I guess being noisy when you're flightless and/or have dependent little ones is not a good survival strategy. I guess, too, that they and their prodigy can all fly now and it's okay to splash around being loud.

I know these are just imitation mallards deprived of all things that make a wild duck so remarkable but their quacking, kreeking and splashing sure do brighten my spirits and seem to make me forget about work for a little while.
    Last edited by Rubberhead*; 09-30-2016 at 10:32 AM.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I went and watched wood ducks last week. Still some little ones swimming around. Watched a drake chase a beaver around and peck at its tail. Leaves are beginning to change, temps are cooling. Wont be long now.

It's getting busy at my house 20/30 head of woodies within 25 yds from my dock. My lab was getting pissed cause she couldn't get them.

I like hearing geese fly over for the same reason. I know they are yard carp, but it takes me back to the time when any goose in SC was wild, and hearing them raised your heart rate, and stirred your soul.

I was Sitting out in bear creek right by the house the other night at least a 100 mallards came out the back of the creek. Probably about 7 or 8 groups, I know a lot stay in the year round but I've never seen that many.

I had a group of mallards come in when I was bowhunting this morning. Makes me excited for November!

I like sitting n the deer stand and hearing the woodies buzz over, makes ya think, won't be long now

Messed with the neighborhood mallards in garden city this past weekend at the fall rally. Know they just tamies but hearing the quacks makes me ready to head west in January after a tough early season

turkeys always seem to get vocal this time of year, too. I think its signaling that fall can finally start....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.