Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody holding doves?

Default Anybody holding doves?

Anybody around Williamsburg Co holding birds? Have a few but have dropped off every hunt since opening day. This time last yr we started to get some fresh meat then got a real nice shot of birds at very end of first season. Understand weather was a bit different. Thanks

The bird feeder at Mom's house is loaded. Other than that, it seems spotty.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 09-29-2016 at 01:33 PM.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Yeah, upside down by the feet, right before a put them in my strap vest.

our field has been hunted three times, all with good birds. As of now, we have none of note

We've got two fields in the Orangeburg area that from what I understand are some of the few that still have standing sunflowers after the tropical storm. Both were loaded prior to the storm, and both have been so-so from the get go and going downhill with every hunt.

We're probably taking a break in hopes that we'll pick some up before the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mud ugh View Post
    We've got two fields in the Orangeburg area that from what I understand are some of the few that still have standing sunflowers after the tropical storm. Both were loaded prior to the storm, and both have been so-so from the get go and going downhill with every hunt.

We're probably taking a break in hopes that we'll pick some up before the end of the season.
    Standing sunflowers hasn't made any real noticeable impact in our area. You either have birds or you don't. There hasn't been any increase in birds either. I only know of a few fields that have standing flowers still and they have been barn burners from what I have heard. Everything I hunt is flat on the ground and limits have been plentiful.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Standing sunflowers hasn't made any real noticeable impact in our area. You either have birds or you don't. There hasn't been any increase in birds either. I only know of a few fields that have standing flowers still and they have been barn burners from what I have heard. Everything I hunt is flat on the ground and limits have been plentiful.
    What Doug said.

We are holding a decent ammount of birds, shooting it Sat am. No where near Williamsburg though.

Our hunt last Saturday was good for some, I killed 7 in a less than optimal spot in the field but we barely even saw any birds until about 4:30. All of our sunflowers are still upright unless they got ran over.
    Last edited by jws; 09-29-2016 at 03:35 PM.

We have had pretty good hunts and still have standing sunflowers. which reminds me, where is Duck Tape and all his kill pics? He sure did have a lot of pics of the sunflowers preseason...

Ok, thanks for the replies fellas.

Could have had a limit in the yard today. Deer too.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Maybe

First four hunts were limits for everyone.

Hand sprayed about 3 acres because weeds were coming back.

I have been digging the dike and hauling dirt all week. The birds have had very little rest so less than 100 remain. Last week got some new birds.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    First four hunts were limits for everyone.

Hand sprayed about 3 acres because weeds were coming back.

I have been digging the dike and hauling dirt all week. The birds have had very little rest so less than 100 remain. Last week got some new birds.
    how did the kid do that you bought him his first shotgun?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Broke my heart on the opener. Went to the beach with the girls.

I let it rest and gave him another opportunity and he is hooked.

The new gun really has a reduced recoil. I hunted three straight days and was beginning to feel the recoil with my 20 gauge Beretta.

I borrowed his Benelli with the recoil reducer and finish three more with no discomfort. I does have the problem of an occasional shell that does not eject.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Thinking about it only last weekend did I kill birds that had craws full of sunflowers. The first 3 weeks every bird had a belly full of corn
    cut\'em

Burned a limit today quick
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Ours has been hit or miss since the second week of September. Birds will be there today thick, but so so tomorrow.
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!