Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunt Club Rules

Default Hunt Club Rules

below is a copy of our club rules. 250 acres and 4 members
    they are not set in stone yet.
    the only rules I don't really care for is #5; I really don't like the thought of having to report seeing a quality buck. That's the kind of thing I like to keep on the down low. Also, I would prefer a sign-in board instead of a group text for claiming what stand we want to hunt. That way nobody is reserving an evening stand at lunchtime

anyhow, Just curious as to how they compare to some of yall's club rules?

1. Only 3 bucks per member allowed. 2 bucks have to be 4 pts better on one side and preferred to be outside the ears. 1 buck can be of member’s choice. If you shoot and find blood but no deer, it will count towards one of your deer.
    2. Only 3 does per member. If we feel more needs to be taken based on field surveys and sighting during season, it will be communicated to all. Button bucks shot as does will count against your member’s choice.
    3. All safety rules and game regulations must be followed per DNR guidelines.
    4. Hunt club members must text or call each other prior to all hunts and give the general area they are hunting. This is required courtesy and safety. Failure to follow this rule could result in immediate dismissal from the club.
    5. After each hunt report to the club president, how many deer were seen and what kind, buck, doe, yearly and quality buck. Quality buck is defined as any deer 3.5 years of age or horns outside the ears. At the end of the year, I will give each member a report summary.
    6. Members to report any harvest immediately after the hunt is over, found and not found. Again this is for courtesy, I don’t want to hunt a stand where someone just killed a deer.
    7. Identify and make sure you know what you are shooting. Use good optics to identify any animal before the shot and don’t take shots you know you can’t make.
    8. If any trespassers are seen report immediately to DNR.
    9. No consumption of alcoholic beverages allowed on hunt club property at any time.
    10. No guest are allowed at any time. Family members (spouses, children, grandchildren and any youth family members) are welcome any time when hunting with a member. Youth are defined as 17 years and under. Deer harvested by a family member will count against your deer quota unless a special hunt is approved by the president. DNR Youth Day hunts may not apply as an example.
    11. Turkey season, all DNR safety and game rules apply, no club restrictions on game limits. Members must check in as defined in rule #4 and report any harvest as defined in rule #6.
    12. All rules must be adhered too at all times are member is subject to club membership being revoked. No refunds to members that are dismissed due to failure to follow the rules.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Good gravy

5. After each hunt report to the club president, how many deer were seen and what kind, buck, doe, yearly and quality buck. Quality buck is defined as any deer 3.5 years of age or horns outside the ears. At the end of the year, I will give each member a report summary.
    That rule wouldn't be followed, at all.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

250 acres and 4 people, hell y'all can holler at each other LOL

Lot of deer to shoot on 250 acres, 1-2 bucks is plenty with 1-2 does but that is my opinion

As for the rules, very basic and pretty standard as long as every sticks to them

I can promise you rule number 5 will not be very accurate

4 members? Y'all must not.like each other much....
    I would print that and light it on fire!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

Good gravy

That's what I thought.........buncha wanna be pro staffers.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

#4 I don't like. Stands should be first come first serve. Y'all gonna let someone reserve a stand by txt? Just put up a board.

#9 If y'all actually enforce this I wouldn't be in the club period...don't care how good the hunting is. Our club has this in the rules just to because the leasor requires it.

Other than that, looks good! What about mandatory work days? If you don't make works days mandatory, ain't nobody gonna show up.....kno dat!
    Last edited by Bulltallow; 09-28-2016 at 03:02 PM.

#4. Group texts at 4am are ALWAYS welcomed at my house.

#5 and #6. the club president will have a real nice scatter diagram of deer movement to share (at the end of the season of course.)
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Never heard of having to report what is seen. Also I noticed the "president" said I (he) didnt want to hunt a stand someone just killed a deer on. Sounds like the members just guide the president. All rules to me benefit president only.

Im in a lease with 3 other fellas, 500 acres, we are all capable of making the right decision so there aren't any rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    After each hunt report to the club president, how many deer were seen and what kind, buck, doe, yearly and quality buck. Quality buck is defined as any deer 3.5 years of age or horns outside the ears. At the end of the year, I will give each member a report summary.]
    More like, let me know were to sit.

In no point in club rules should the word "I" be used.
    Last edited by buckpro; 09-28-2016 at 02:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

I would add, no pistols near the poker table. Wayyy back in the day at a club I used to be in, a drunk guy was messing around at the poker table, pulled out his piece and dropped it on the floor accidentally. Everybody at the table flipped out their chairs and hit the deck! He was losing his ass and was messing with another guy calling him a cheat!
    Last edited by Bulltallow; 09-28-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    More like, let me know were to sit.

In no point in club rules should the word "I" be used.

Exactly, and stands should always be first come first serve.

First thing I noticed to buck pro

I noticed the no alcohol on the property at anytime........wow. safe but not even on work days?

yeah.. looks good...

Sounds like you need to lease the property by yourself.....

Move #3 up to #1, scratch out #5 and 9, then burn it.
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

I'm out.

If everyone is required to text the club president what they see, which they wont, I want a real time update from the president, not a report at the end of the year.

I can see if not, club president repeatedly hunts one particular stand after getting reports from another member that a good buck was seen. But the other two guys are hunting areas where no good bucks have been seen and won't know all the info until years end.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004